Chapter 30

Me: OH MY FUCKING GOD! HOW MANY SURPRISES ARE THERE GOING TO BE TODAY?
I try and open the car door but it's locked.
Connor: Lexi!
I keep trying to violently open the door but it won't budge, so I try the window.
Connor: Lexi stop
What the fuck are these windows made of, they're not breaking. I'm banging on the window and nothing is happening.
Andre: Ayy Connor sort out your girl before she ruins the plan.
Connor climbs to the back seat to try and refrain me from exiting.
Me: Get off of me! I need to get out!
Connor: There's no point, the windows are bullet proof and the door won't open unless the driver unlocks it.
I end up giving up on trying to escape and just sit there looking out the window.
Connor: Lexi
He says in a calm voice
Connor: Lexi don't ignore me
He places his hand on my thigh
Me: I said don't fucking touch me!
With that, I slapped him across the face leaving a red mark on his cheek. My hands were trembling with fear, but I didn't show it on my face.
Connor turned back around to face me, he didn't look angry or pissed. What the fuck?
He placed both of his hands on mine trying to calm me down.
Connor: Did you get all your angry out now?
I stayed silent.
Connor: Look I know we have a lot to explain so lets get back to our safe house and get you settled.

******
I wake up on a bed with white sheets and the sun light blazing down on my face. I sit up and find Connor sleeping beside me, to my right. Where am I? Ahh I have a banging head ache. I look at the bedside table next to me, there was a glass of water and a weird looking tablet, next to it was a note that said "eat me or deal with the head ache" looking at the handwriting I knew it was Andre. I took the tablet and drank the water.
For a while I sat on my bed remembering the amount of bullshit that happened yesterday, almost getting killed, witnesses Trey getting shot, finding out my fucking brother was this big time drug dealer, ohh aha not to forget Daniel Junior and Connor are drug dealers to. What has my life come to?
The door opens and it's Andre.
Me: What do you want... Tamz? To kill me hmmm? Is that it Tamz? You want to kill your own fucking sister?
Andre: Okay relax on that alright
Me: What? You don't like me calling you Tamz? That's who you are right?
Andre: It's complicated Lexi
Me: Complicated my ass, Wh-
Connor: Can you guys have this conversation else where.
Connor says while still half asleep.
Andre: Connor shut up! Lexi look we have a lot to explain and I guess you have a lot of questions, so why don't we all just sit and talk about it alright.
I stay silent and Andre took that as a yes.
Andre: Connor get your ass up!
Connor: *groans* Fuck of man
Andre grabs a pillow from a chair by the door and throws it at Connor
Connor: Ayy what the fuck Andre!
He says while getting up
Andre: Good you're awake.
Andre sits on the edge of the bed.
Andre: Alright where should we start uh-
Me: How did you become Tamz?
Andre looked hesitant about that question, he looked as if he wasn't going to answer, but he did.
Andre: Alright, back at our old house in Manchester I would go out a lot, like a lot, I would stay out for months even and wouldn't come home.
Me: Yeah mum hated that, you guys would always get into arguments
Andre: Exactly, mum thought I was out partying all day and night with my boys, but I was actually traveling all around the UK for business. At the time I was working for someone else, a dude named Tamz... I know weird right. He was like this big time drug dealer, I mean big time, everyone knew his name and everything about him, but no one has seen his face, except his right hand man Derick, who would go to all the meetings instead of Tamz... He was basically his assistant. Then one day, I got a call from Derick that they needed me for something. This was the time when I just had that huge argument with mum and she grounded me for a year.
Me: Oh yeah I remember that, she took your phone an... Hold on! She took your phone, how did you get the call?
Andre: Trap phone. But anyway, I decided to sneak out cause Derick promised me a raise. Long story short, I got to the location they gave me and it was a warehouse, Derick met me outside then we heard noises and gun shots from inside. We ran inside and Tamz was on the floor in a pool of his own blood, dying. Derick did everything he could to save him but nothing work, I kneeled there, frozen, I literally couldn't move at all.
Connor: *laughs*
Andre: What you laughing at fool
Connor ducked under the sheets and Andre repeatedly punched him through them.
Me: OMG stop!
Andre: Anyways the last thing Tamz told me was to keep his business alive, he wanted me to be him, he wanted me to take over his business. He told me that he was watching my progress and that he wanted to promote me but wanted to test me first. I refused at first but then Derick promised me full protection for me and my family, So I took the position. That day Tamz died but no one knew he died because I took his place, nothing changed. After a couple of months as Tamz, I realised that I needed to expand the business to a bigger City, London! I called up one of my links from London, he works in the government, told him I needed a house, but I had to make it seem as if mum got a new job with better pay, make no relation to me at all.
Me: The move was all you?
Andre: Yeah... So anyway, before we moved Derick was murdered, so that was another reason why I had to move, someone was after me and potentially you guys as well. The move to London got the business booming, we would get over 1000 shipments in every week, sell a shit load everyday and at one point I was earning 20x more than mum. With all this success there were a heck load of stress so I decided to invest in a crew instead of a right hand man doing this would mean a load more shit would be done and there would be an increase in revenue. That's how I met Trey.
Me: How did you meet Daniel, Connor and Junior?
Andre: Relax, just getting there. After a couple of months I noticed that we were spending so much more than what we were getting in. So I hired in some detectives.. The three stooges.
Connor: Ayy man
Andre: After a while it seemed as if there was a leak in my business and we dealt with that. Connor decided he wanted to join but he lived too far, so I did to him what I done to us, move him down here with my links.
Me: So you knew Connor before he met me
Andre: Yeah
I turn to Connor
Me: So you used me or something?
Connor: What?
Me: YOU USED ME YOU FUCKING PRICK!
Connor: Hold on...
He tried to grab my arm but I moved away.
Me: You must of thought that if you get with me it would make you seem normal to the world huh? You never liked me did you?
Connor: What the fuck! Of course I do!
Me: Save your lies! Andre conti-
Next thing I know, I'm pinned down to the bed and Connor is ontop of me looking into my eyes
Andre: Ahh for fuck sake! Can you guys do this some other time.
Connor: Lexi! I had no idea that you was related to Andre until the time I went to your house for dinner. Andre doesn't even mention his family members to his crew, no ones knows you and your family exists. Don't ever say that I used you to make myself look normal. I would never use you, ever! I love you too much for that.
Andre: Ahhh
I can sense Andre rolling his eyes without looking at him. I contemplate weather to believe Connor or not. He's not the most predictable person. But I decidedly not to, he told me too many lies already.
Me: Get off of me
I pushed him off me and on the bed.
Andre: ANYWAY!!! After that day of Connor meeting the family, me and him went out of the house to have a chat about you.
Connor: That's why I wasn't there when you woke up
Andre: Exactly, I was telling him that he had to look after you and treat you right. Looks like he hasn't done such a great job huh
Connor: Says the one who betrayed his family.
Andre: You want me to fuck you up don't you?
Connor: Come then dick head
I stood in between them stretching my arms out trying to stop them.
Me: Ayy Ayy Ayy! What the fuck! You guys used to be a team! What kind of team constantly fights like this?
Andre: We never fought like this, just recently
Andre says while fixing his posture and relaxing himself more
Andre: We're just on edge now that you and the family are in danger
Me: I don't need your protection Andre! Especially if you're using your drug money to do it
Andre: Yes you do, now that I shot Trey in the foot I guarantee that he will try and get revenge being the hot head he is. He's going to try find out everything about me and try and make me die inside.
Me: WTF
Andre: He's an evil fella ain't he?
Me: How do we stop this?
Andre: We don't, we kill him
Me: ANDRE!
Connor: It's the best thing to do Lexi
Me: What no! You'll be as bad as he is
Connor: Lexi
Connor tried to put his arm around me... I guess to calm me down
Me: Don't fucking touch me prick!
Andre: Ohhh she's angry!
Connor: Bro I swear
Me: FOR GOD SAKE STOP!
Andre: Ahahaha, anyway, Lexi it's the best way to ensure your safety
Me: There's got to be another way
Connor: Why are you so protective all of a sudden, why are you defending him
Me: Killing people is not the way to solve problem, why take a life when you can help save one.
I turn to Andre
Me: I thought mum taught you better
Andre looked guilty, I can tell he's killed other people before but I tried to forget about that
Andre: Lexi, we ha-
Me: I'll sell for you
Andre: What no! Of course not
Me: Think about it, Trey gave me this ultimatum and so did you, its the only way to allow me to continue with my life without making your crew suspect a thing
Andre: This would not work
Connor: Think about it Andre, this could be a genius plan
Andre: Selling for me is very dangerous Lexi you could get hurt and I'm trying to avoid that at any cost
Me: Bu-
Andre: No buts, the answer is NO
Connor: What if she doesn't really sell or do anything
Andre: What?
Connor: She doesn't really have to do anything, just have the title that she does, make the crew think she's working but she really isn't, Lexi you can then continue with your daily life
Andre: One problem dumbo, the crew will know if there's not a dramatic increase, they will know she's a fla-
Connor: I'll do the extra work, I will do the amount of work that Lexi's supposed to do, to get rid of the suspicion issue
I looked at Connor shocked, but since I'm still angry at him I stay silent.
Andre: You want to do a double work load
Connor: Anything to keep Lexi safe
Andre: No extra pay though
There was silence for about 20 seconds then Connor spoke
Connor: Like I said anything for Lexi.
He looked at me and gave me a considerable smile, I smiled back.