The Aftermath

A pained cry

A pained cry. 

A scream. 

Smoke. 

The smell of burning flesh. 

Pain, someone had grabbed him roughly and thrown him away, he hit the ground hard. 

Leo twisted around breathing hard. His skin itched and felt hot, his blood now at boiling temperatures. 

The grass he was touching began to smoke. 

Everything seemed to be going in slow motion.

Leo's eyes wide as he took in the scene before him. His best friend was on the ground, burns up against his right side of his body including his face. 

He had done that to him... 

It felt like he couldn't move. 

Like he was frozen. 

Suddenly he was pulled up by his shirt, to look into the eyes of a dangerous daughter of Zeus "What did you do!" She growled.

"I-I" Leo stuttered, unable to respond. 

"Thalia!"

Leo and Thalia turned to Chiron behind them. 

He looked grimly at Leo as he told her "Go and take care of Jason, I'll handle it" 

"But-" Thalia snapped. 

"Go!" Chiron told her with no room for argument. Thalia shot Leo a glare as she walked away. Chiron's gaze turned to Leo, who felt his insides sinking at the look Chiron was giving him.

"Come with me" He said. 

"I thought you told us you had it under control" Chiron told him, in the Big House, it was only them. 

Only them, with Chiron's disappointment stare.  Leo would rather Chiron be screaming at him or telling him all his punishments rather than this disappointed tone. It made him want to strangle himself, even more than he did already. 

"Is he going to be alright?!" Was the first thing that came out of his mouth. 

"He should make a full recovery but the burns were severe. If he had been an ordinary mortal though..." Chiron trailed of grimly "Leo we can't afford any more of these outbursts, you've had them before but never to this extent"  

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean too" The words seemed a lie and childish to Leo's ears. 

"Come back after lunch, where I will think up a proper punishment for what has happened, hopefully you'll learn control that way" Chiron said. 

Taking this as his dismissal Leo left, feeling horrible, nothing could be worse than this. 

A couple of minutes later though, he would be wishing he'd never even thought that...