Claimed

"I hope you will all welcome him" The young man said

He had bright blonde hair that looked dyed but somehow Leo knew it was real. He also had an oddly pointed chin that made him seem like he was lifting his chin up defiantly to the whole world, his eyes a dull grey. But despite this he had an air of authority around him and Leo had no doubt he was the leader of this camp.

"His name's Damon. Been here since he was little. His ancestors as well as Tina's are the Demi-gods that created this place" Samantha told him.

Leo didn't ask who Tina was, he assumed he'd probably find out soon.

She gave him a odd look "You're taking this rather well"

Leo gulped and quickly said, flushing red "Oh, I'm calm on the outside but freaking out inside and there may be screaming"

Sort of true but he was freaked out for different reasons...

Luckily they seemed to take this as a good answer.

"Leo? He said your name is Leo?" A high pitch voice asked him from behind.

He jumped, twisting around.

Leo faced a small girl looking at him with big eyes. She looked about seven years old. Far too young to be involved in camp half blood, who were usually only brought in, in their early teens or when they were almost teens but now he thought about it, there were a lot of young kids here.

Teresa suddenly looked happier as she gave the tiny girl a small smile "Hi Jen"

Jen smiled brightly at them then studied Leo intensely.

"Yeah. Um that's me" He said then blinked, glancing at the man in front "Wait, how did he know my-"

"You a Demi-God?" She asked excitedly.

"Um I thinks so?" Leo said, stopping himself from answering yes quickly.

"What's it like? Do you think I could be a Demi-God?" She asked.

"Um..." Leo said, feeling very confused.

"We found her in the trees. Just like you. Just stumbled in. No ones worked out if she's just mortal with the sight or descendent or a Demi-God yet" Samantha told him, looking fondly at Jen.

"Descendant?" He asked.

Teresa said calmly "Children of Demi-gods or children of immortals"

"Where you from?" Jen asked eagerly, leaning in so much, both of their noses where almost touching.

"Jen. Not everyone's comfortable talking about that" Samantha told her off, waving the kid away from Leo's face.

She scowled, pouting.

Her eyes going all big and puppy like as she stared at Leo.

He reddened a little at her attention but chuckled despite himself "That's okay. I'm from near here actually. I ran away"

"Why?" She wondered.

He squirmed at her question. If it had been anyone his age he would have told them not that pleasantly, to mind their own business but she was just a kid. She didn't mean any harm.

"Because I...There was an accident and I was the cause of it. My best friend got badly hurt-" Leo frowned cutting himself off.

"It's okay. You don't have to talk about it. Most of us have difficulty pasts" Samantha told him gently.

He gave her a grateful smile.

"But-" Jen complained.

"Jen. You're not irritating our newbie are you? You'll scare him away" A deep voice chuckled.

Leo tensed a little as the young man that had been talking to everyone and was in charge stood next to them.

"Damon" Teresa suddenly greeted, her face brightened considerably. Leo frowned, was she...blushing?

Samantha on the other hand looked a little put out by his presence. Looking in fact a little grumpy? Her soft exterior gone.

"Damon" She said, her voice, cold.

He nodded towards her but gave Teresa and Leo both warm smiles.

Leo noticed that a different guy and a girl he didn't know who looked the same age as Damon, possibly a little younger had taken over and were now talking to the large group.

He said, holding out his hand "Leo, right?"

"Yeah, how did you know?" He asked, warily, shaking his hand.

He said calmly "I can read minds"

Leo's heart stuttered in his chest and his eyes widened in horror.

Damon then chuckled, ruffling Leo's hair, he smirked "Just kidding, kid. It was on your tool bag, saw it when you were unconscious"

He scowled but then looked down, sure enough there was smudged out pen on his tool belt. Reading Team Leo Valdez, then team Leo written a couple more times. It was all smudged and almost rubbed out but you could still see it if you looked closely.

He felt himself flush in embarrassment. Remembering why that had been written there...

He was then also about to tell him he wasn't a kid but then Damon looked to be in his early twenties, so to him he probably was a kid.

Leo sighed.

After everything he didn't feel like one.

"I take it you'll show him around?" He asked Samantha, who just nodded.

With that and a smile he left.

"How old is he?" Leo wondered, watching him go.

"Most adults go when they reach his age but he hasn't given up on the prophecy, nor have they" Samantha said, nudging her head towards the other young women and young man Damon was walking toward. Her tone suggesting she wish he would give up on it.

"His only 24. He is not that old" Teresa said quickly and stiffly.

Leo side eyed her but smiled brightly and with a sweet falseness "Still too old for you to be crushing on though"

Teresa spluttered, her mouth agape.

Samantha sniggered behind her, trying desperately not to laugh.

It all seemed to be going okay.

In this odd strange camp.

But then everything just had to go wrong.

Like everything that went wrong in his life Leo blamed himself but also his father.

Even when it wasn't his fathers fault but this time, it definitely was...

Something glowed above his head.

Samantha's sniggers turned to gasps in alarm.

Teresa looked completely shocked. Her humiliation forgotten.

Leo slowly glanced up at what everyone was staring at... He had just been claimed.

Again, in front of everyone.

What?!