It Should Have Been Me

He felt like he could make it but then any hope was crushed when he fell to the ground as someone grabbed on to both of his arms, pulling him back

Jason and Damon worked together to take Leo away from the sea, behind a building so the cops would stop giving them funny looks.

Leo almost howled in dismay.

"Leo! Leo! Hey, look at me!" Jason said, grabbing on to Leo and making him face him.

"Please, let me go" He said, his voice was now however in defeat and wracked with sobs. He knew he was already too late.

"Leo, what happened?" Jason asked gently.

He was about to respond but then realised something. There was scaring on half of Jason's face, the skin was darker than it should be and dryer.

His hand reached out to touch the obvious burn mark but Jason caught his hand.

"Wow, easy repair boy, it still stings" He said but his tone was with humour.

"Jason..." Leo said, eyes wide.

Jason shrugged "You uh did a number on me. Ambrosia could only heal so much but it'll eventually heal all up. I'm okay"

Leo shook his head.

He did this. How was that okay?

Jason looked more serious at Leo's expression.

"I don't blame you and you shouldn't blame yourself " Jason said sincerely.

Leo looked down at the ground, his vision starting to cloud up with tears.

"Oh Leo" Piper said, as she knelt down next to them, her voice laced in sorrow.

She wished she could help him.

His friends from Camp Ceres and Camp Half Blood both had clearly decided comforting and helping Leo was more important than finding out who each other were and how Leo knew them.

Samantha said, standing over him.

"I'm sure the waters just scrambled your head. Jen is back at camp. If we go now-"

"She won't be. She won't be there" Leo said shakily.

And he knew it was true.

Nico, Piper and Jason were now crouching or standing next to him. As were his friends from Camp Ceres.

Teresa wasn't that kind in the encouragement department. Believing Leo had hallucinated everything and he was making a big deal over nothing.

The others tried to comfort him best they could.

Mitch and Michael telling him over and over again no one had been there other than him.

As minutes went by, even a part of Leo began to grip on to the small piece of hope that somehow his mind had been playing tricks on him.

But deep in the darkness and turmoil of his mind Leo knew that was a false hope.

And he knew she was dead.

And he knew she had sacrificed herself for him and had saved him, she had saved everyone.

Leo knew he should be proud of her but all he felt was grief, sorrow and guilt as everyone at Camp Ceres learned Jen was not at camp and he hadn't been imagining her.

Leo couldn't hold it in every more.

The last line of the prophecy grabbed him as well. He should have been more careful! Because he hasn't been the whole camps death or his it had predicted.

It had been Jens.

Leo let the tears of grief finally flow.

He cried.

Mourning her. She had been so young. She hadn't even lived, not really.

It should have been him!