Sweet Haunting Dreams

Leo was surprised at how content he felt as he laid out on his mattress on the floor

Leo was surprised at how content he felt as he laid out on his mattress on the floor. He was with two twin boys who were apparently children of ocean spirits. Half children that is, and half mortal. Leo had no idea how that worked.

He enjoyed how there wasn't any set tent for certain people unlike in camp Half Blood or camp Jupiter. It was just random at who you slept with, in a tent.

Michael and Mitch were happy to have Leo with them. He quite liked them, they reminded him of Hermes children and looked like they would steal his things at any given chance. They were identical and loved to pretend to be each other.

Leo just started to call one of them by either name. They responded to both so he was fine with that.

Mitch was the most curious one though and very nosy as Leo swore he'd spend hours trying to dodge his questions before Mitch decided Leo wouldn't talk.

He had told his brother he wanted to interrogate Leo, like they did in those films they watched before they came here.

"It would be fun!"

Leo had a terrible feeling Mitch hadn't been joking but now he thought about it, he did wonder if that had been Michael instead, it was extremely hard to tell.

No Leo decided, it was impossible.

Jen had wanted to sleep in the same tent as Leo. After being so excited he would help them and was alive, she almost looked like she'd wet herself. Everyone had quickly butted in and made sure she was sleeping further away from Leo.

Samantha had joked Jen had a crush on him. Leo had crashed that joke down quickly. She was way too young for that but the kid did seemed a little obsessed with him and he still wasn't comfortable with her nickname for him still "Fire Boy"

Samantha had thought that was really funny. She even, much to Leo's irritation had encouraged Jen to call him that.

These thoughts sailed around his head as his eyes started too close.

Almost getting sacrificed too Ceres, meeting Ceres who he now hated. Why are all gods asses? Learning to breathe fire which Leo admitted was awesome, he felt like a dragon or something, Festus would be proud. And possibly being or pretending to be the guy from the prophecy to help this camp out, oh and almost dying from coughing too much, turns out breathing fire wasn't good for your lungs but all in all a good days work.

His dreams were strange. Haunted by the feeling of drowning. But also strange orange fire like eyes watching him from the ocean depths, just waiting to strike... 

He drowned in his dream. Calling for help but no one came. Water rushing into his mouth and chest. Coldness and numbness. He died alone.

Leo gasped awake. Eyes snapping open. His lungs clear and there was no water. Sweat was all around him and his hands were trembling. Leo shuddered. Wondering how often this would become a thing.

His almost dying experiences tended to haunt his dreams sometimes but drowning had never been one of them, not until now that is. Deep down he knew that the experience with almost getting drowned by Damon, Ash and Tabitha was affecting him more than he let on but...no one needed to know that.

However he knew he would find it hard to get to sleep tonight. As Leo stared upwards he felt a strange pull in his chest.

A odd but familiar presence very close by, almost right outside his tent. It made him feel safe...

Without really thinking about it Leo stood up, making sure he was wearing his pants he walked outside the tent only to tense in shock at who was standing before him.

Someone he hadn't seen in what seemed like ages. Especially here.

"Dad?!"