Fire's Rage

Leo felt his gut twist deep inside him

Leo felt his gut twist deep inside him. Was that why he was here? Why his father contacted him in the first place? To help his father be forgiven because it was his own children that created these machines?

He felt... betrayed.

And hurt. 

But then it felt obvious. Of course this would be the case. Why else would the gods care and get involved? They had never got involved with potential massacres before unless one of them had something to do with it, accidentally or other wise.

Was he just there to be a token of his father trying to make up for his other children?

He also felt...angry.

How was this fair? This wouldn't be about the Ceres Camp at all. Just the gods being selfish once again. But really, he should have expected it! 

His blood boiled inside him. 

"Uh, Leo?" Samantha said, stepping back from him.

"Huh?" 

He blinked, shaking his head out of his thoughts, he realised he was steaming, literal smoke was rolling from his body, that had heated up incredibly due to his emotions. He took a couple of deep controlled breaths, wrestling his emotions down, there would be time to deal with those thoughts later... 

"Sorry" He said, as his body stopped putting out steam and he cooled down. 

He glanced around and thought of his anger. 

Maybe he had a better way of dealing with this. 

"Okay so some of your Demi-god siblings are dicks, so what? We really need to work out how to stop them, this ones still moving even though we took out the driver" Teresa told him. 

It did mean a lot more than that but Leo didn't really want them to know they may only be here to be used by his godly father. He swapped the subject, knowing she was right, he had to focus on this.

"I think you should leave me to this one. You all should go and try and destroy the others" Leo told them. 

"What!?" Damon snapped. 

"We're not leaving you" Samantha said. 

"You will it you don't want to get burnt. I think I know a way to stop this thing quicker and it requires a little... fire" Leo said, turning towards them. 

"A little fire" Michael or Mitch said their voice sceptical. 

Leo looked a little sheepish at that. Okay maybe not a little fire.

"You'll only get hurt if you are all here, you need to focus on the others" He said, just as he said this ,they all stumbled as the floor rumbled beneath them. 

They glanced outside the hole they had made. 

This metal beast had just stepped onto the beach, others were doing the same. 

"You need to stop the others! Let me do this" He told them firmly. 

"But-" Samantha said, stepping forward. 

"No, his right. We need to stop the others, leave this one to Leo, he can do this" Teresa said, stepping forward, putting her hand on Samantha's shoulders comfortingly. 

She sighed, defeated, shoulders sagging "Okay, just...just don't die on us, right?" 

"Same goes to you all" Leo said to Samantha then meeting everybody else's eyes. 

With that and with some worried but reassuring comforting words, looks and smiles. They left him. Using the twins abilities to get back down and the water to catch them as they jumped down. 

Tabitha and Damon both being more wary of jumping down and putting their lives in Mitch and Michaels hands, they were both scared of heights. 

Leo watched them all leave him. As soon as they had gone he turned back to looking at the metal within the machine, the electrical current, fire going through and around the metal. 

Two globes of the hot fire like substance glowed inside at the back, they looked a little like eyes and Leo could see the sea side outside through them. He remembered his dream with the glowing eyes and shivered. 

He thought how he had really believed that his father had cared about these people but was just using them to help Leo make up for his other children's mistakes. 

I won't do this for you dad Leo thought. 

He would do this for his new friends and the camp. 

For them. 

To show the gods they were not worthless, they deserved respect just as much as Percy Jackson and other heroes got.

The anger came back.

That was good.

He would need it.

Leo took a deep breath and just as Ceres had taught him, he unleashed his anger around him. Heating it up to imaginable temperatures. 

He breathed fire.