Where Someone Isn't Coming Back

"What's going on!?"

"What's going on!?"

"An earthquake?!" 

"We don't get earthquakes here!" 

"Watch out!" 

A old tree came down, its old crooked roots cracking under the strength of the ground. It came tumbling down, tearing down into tents, thankfully empty tents. 

The earthquake suddenly stopped. It just disappeared. Everything stilled. Everyone stilled.

"Guys!" Someone suddenly shouted loudly. 

A girl came running out of her tent, she looked young, around twelve years old, however her voice was incredibly loud and everyone heard her, she was holding something in her hands, wait, was that a phone?

Leo, who had finally managed to steady himself blinked a little, he swore they had the same rules about electrical devices like the two other camps. They weren't aloud. 

"What are you doing with that?! It'll attract- " Damon demanded. 

"Ugh, we're not strong enough anyway for monsters to sense us but never mind, just look!" She showed him something on her phone. 

He suddenly stiffened and tensed up, his face paling quickly. 

Soon enough everybody was crowding around to have a look. 

The news for the city was on air, live. 

Leo felt something twist in his gut even more as he saw where some reporters were, next to the sea and the sea...the sea was bubbling! 

The reporters voice rang out, everyone becoming silent to listen. 

"Earthquakes have rattled the country. They only lasted for a  couple of minutes but as soon as they finished, reports were in about sightings of this bubbling and heated sea! The ocean close to the land is boiling hot, causing this unusual activity" 

She suddenly stopped talking and listening to someone in her mic in her ear then she said trying to stay calm "Just in! There is something in the sea. Something rising to the surface!"  

The reporter then said "Every citizen is warned to not go near the beaches or the sea. We have yet to confirm if what is coming is dangerous or not, please stay calm, we-" 

The girl who Leo would learn later was called Wilma but preferred Will switched off the live connection. 

"Its it, isn't it? It's the metal beast" She said, her voice shaking.

"Yes" Leo blurted. 

Everyone turned towards him. 

"I-I can feel it. It's time" He said and he knew that he was right. 

Whispers broke out and worried as well as excited looks were shared around. 

Leo stood tall as he said "We can't all go, only a select few but I promise, once you all do this you'll never feel like a third wheel again. You won't feel forgotten" 

He knew he would try with all his heart to keep this promise. Though he believed he couldn't really say the same for himself. Leo knew possibly other demigods from the other camps might be there and to be honest he wasn't sure if he could face them. 

It felt like months since he had left them but really it had only been a couple of days, almost a week. It was strange how at home he felt here compared to what he had felt like before. 

"Okay, listen up everyone. We can only take a few people. I'm going, if that's okay with you" He added, looking to Leo. 

Leo honestly couldn't believe this was the guy that had almost killed him days ago and had given him countless nightmares of drowning, those dreams still hadn't stopped but despite that Leo trusted his intentions and he was good in a fight. 

He nodded. Damon looked relieved. 

"Who else is joining us? One at a time!" Damon yelled out to everyone, his voice commanding. Everyone listened to him. 

"You're not going anywhere without us!" Two voices shouted at the same time. The twins bounced into view, huge excited grins on their faces. 

"Water is our thing remember" Michael said, a little boastful. 

Or was that Mitch? 

Leo had actually pretended that he had known the difference but really he didn't. They were too identical! One of them was the pick pocketer, the other was the inventor and the best at the water controlling abilities. He had pretended to believe that was Mitch and the later Michael but honestly? He had no idea. 

Damon glanced at him, unsure. 

Leo nodded, he knew they would be useful. If they could destroy or halt the metal beast in the water.... 

Tabitha and Ash stepped forward. 

Damon shook his head "Ash. You stay behind and look after the others who stay here"

"But-" Ash said a little angrily. 

"You're the oldest after Damon. They listen to you" Tabitha told him gently as she joined Damon's side. 

"You're not going without me" 

Samantha voice sounded as she stepped towards them, giving Leo a nod as she walked next to him. 

"Or me" A voice grumbled, sounding reluctant. 

Leo blinked a little as Teresa stepped forward. 

She turned to him. 

"I may not trust you or the prophecy but I want to help and I'm not letting my sister do this without me" She said stiffly.

Samantha looked startled and then beamed, her cheeks flushing. 

She said to Teresa warmly "Thank you" 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever" Teresa said hurriedly, looking away. 

"Wait! Wait! What about me" A tiny voice yelled. 

"Jen!" Wilma had cried out, trying to grab her but she was too late.

Jen came up, ignoring her friend, eyes pleading, running up to Leo. 

"Fire boy..." She pleaded. 

He kneeled down so he was her hight and could look into her eyes.

"I'm sorry, kid, you're to young" Leo said gently. 

"But I want to prove myself too and-and what if you get hurt?" She cried. 

"Jen-" Damon started but Leo cut him off. 

"I promise I won't. I'm from the prophecy, remember? You said you believed in me" Leo said softly and comfortingly. 

"I do!" She said quickly. 

"Then believe me when I say I'll come back" 

He stood up, looking at the group and said firmly, speaking to all of them and meaning to comfort everybody else "We all will" 

They smiled at him confidently. Some cheered, others just clapped while some just looked very worried however still happy. 

His group nodded with him, agreeing with him. 

Yes, they all would come back.