Silver Black Death

His father, an Olympian God stood before him

His father, an Olympian God stood before him. He smiled as he saw Leo, who stood gaping at him.

"It's good to see you son" He said.

"What-what are you doing here?!" Leo spluttered.

This made no sense!

"I'm here to help you in your quest" He said then frowned thinking hard "I think that's what I'm suppose to do as a father, yes?"

Leo shook his head, still in shock. Blinking a little. Maybe he was dreaming still? That could be it.

"Anyway, I believe it was your destiny to find this place. You aren't pretending to be the one in the prophecy Leo. You are him"

Leo shook his head "But-"

His father interrupted him firmly "You have more power than you know. Being able to breathe fire was only half of what you can do as my gifted son. To help these children you will also need to unlock a technical skill that all my children can do, yet none have realised it yet and they have not been shown how. You will show them how"

Leo felt a headache coming on. This was all too much and he said grimacing "I'm guessing you didn't just come here to tell me that?"

"No" His father agreed "I also came here to tell you that there is a quest coming, where this camp can prove to the other Olympians who looked down on them wrong, that they can fight and help us"

He said, looking towards the tents "Bring these forgotten children to the light Leo and only then they can show their parents and the other gods that dared to forget them how powerful they really are."

"I'm also guessing you are not just here to support and comfort me then" Leo said, his tone dry. Shoulders sagging a little, they felt heavy. He wanted to help but this might be too much responsibility.

"Yes. A danger lurks beneath the waves. Something the gods can not defeat"

"Beneath the waves?" Leo said hesitantly as he remembered his dream and those glowing orange eyes from the depths.

Maybe all of it hadn't just been from his almost dying experience after all. He suppressed a shiver.

"Why? Why can't you defeat it?" Leo asked.

"It is man made" He said slowly, scratching his head.

Leo blinked, and paled "What?"

"We swore we would not get involved in mortal affairs."

The god grimaced, they weren't doing a good job of that so far...

"Why me?" Leo asked, desperate for answers.

His father straightened to his full hight, almost growing a foot as he did so. Looking like a giant compared to Leo.

"This beast, it can destroy this mortal world and every single life that is on it. But why you? Because my son this beast...is made of metal, electricity and fire. You are my child. Who else better for this job?"

Leo's eyes widened. It suddenly made sense at that prophecy...

"We will be remembered once more and will not be consumed by the silver black death"

If this creature was made out of metal... it would be grey or you could even call it silver...

The end of the prophecy did make him feel a lot of dread for what was to come though...

He just hoped it meant death of the metal beast and not his.

Suddenly his father straightened then said quickly "I must go. Remember to close your eyes"

Before Leo could react or reply his father vanished in a blinding light. Leo only just had time to close his eyes.

When he opened his eyes he was gone. Leaving Leo to absorb all that he had been told, which was a very hard job. How was he going to-?

Then he almost had a heart attack as a voice said loudly near him.

"Wow?! Who was that?!"