Life In Camp Part Three

Leo had noticed it as he walked back to camp after another day of sparring, mostly with Samantha

Leo had noticed it as he walked back to camp after another day of sparring, mostly with Samantha. They seemed equally matched.

 As he was walking he felt oddly lighter.

His tool belt had mysterious vanished...

Leo scowled.

"Mitch!"

Turns out Mitch was the real culprit for pick pocketing. Michael just thought it was funny and liked to mess around what whatever Mitch had stolen.

Sure enough when Leo got to his tent, his mouth opened wide in shock and disbelief.

Mitch was sitting their grinning. While Michael was filling his tool-belt with water!

The most shocking thing was that Michael wasn't touching the water and it was going into his belt from Michael's cup by itself.

Turns out they both could control water.

Mitch had both called themselves cheerfully water benders. It seemed an inside joke? Leo wasn't sure what it had meant.

That's when they both started talking about this cartoon they loved called Avatar something? Or was it Air Bender something?

They had wondered why Leo hadn't gotten into it or knew about it.

He hadn't the heart to tell these cheerful kids he would have probably been running away from an adopted family again around the time it had come out...

It was nice to know though that he did believe they'd be useful against the threat that his father said was coming.

It did scare him that this thing was man made. Who was behind this? And why? Why create such a monster? For what purpose?

Leo had snatched his belt away from Michael then proceeded to threaten both of them. 

 "If you both even think of touching my belt again, you'll regret it! I'm serious guys!" 

Mitch and Michael were going to ignore him but there was an orange light in Leo's eyes that suspiciously looked like fire and his body was admitting heat where he stood, literally. So they decided that maybe no touching Leo's belt in the future would be good for their health...

"Hey, Leo I was wondering if-" He heard Samantha's voice ring out as she opened the tent.

But they never got to hear what she had to say.

Because right then and there...

The earth itself shook.

It shook and rumbled. 

The earth tearing itself apart underground. 

The tent was also starting to shake. 

Michael almost fell over, his twin catching him. 

Leo and Samantha steadied themselves. Their feet moving underneath them.

The rumbling grow louder and the shaking grow and grow. 

The rumbling grow so loud they could barely hear him when Michael shouted "What's happening?" 

They rushed outside. Everyone was outside their tents. Some tents had collapsed on themselves. Cries of shock echoed in the air.

"This isn't possible. We're never affected by what's going on within the city. We're apart from it" Samantha said, eyes wide. 

 Leo felt something in his gut and he suddenly knew what was going on. 

It was happening. 

The earth was being affected to warn them, warn them what was coming.

This was what they had all been waiting for... 

The metal beast.