It'll Be Over Soon

"Jen?! How?!" Leo spluttered

She grinned at him and launched herself toward him. Giving him a huge hug around his waist. She let him go, stepping backwards, smiling happily.

"My father helped me!" She said.

"Father?" Leo asked, completely bewildered.

"I'm a Demi-god like you! I was claimed once you left and guess what?!"

"What?"

"I'm your sister! Your dad claimed me!"

"What?!" Leo almost shrieked, he felt like his eyes were almost bulging out of his sockets in complete shock. His brain felt like it was turning to mush inside him.

"There was a symbol above my head and it was your dad's symbol! Hepe-hesp-h-"

"Hephaestus" Leo corrected, his voice suddenly going quieter as he tried to work out what this meant.

"Yeah, him! I knew after that it had to be some kind of sign I was meant to help you! And-and some of metal acted like a compass and lead me here then some more metal acted like a lift and helped me up here" She said excitedly.

Leo knew it must have been their father that had helped her but instead of finding this as exciting as she did, he felt a surge of anger go through him. So his father wanted to use her as well, to make up for his other children's mistakes?

"Y-you shouldn't have come" He told her, he suddenly felt very tired, the anger dying out, giving way to sadness at their situation, he lowered his head.

He felt like crying, how was this fair?!

His mind was them wrapped into different ideas of how he could help her, save her from what he was about to do.

He glanced at her.

She was so young, too young for this and she most probably couldn't hold her breath for as long as he could...

"How can I help?" Jen asked eagerly.

Leo said "Come here"

"Put your hands next to mine, that's it. Now close your eyes and focus"

Her veins started to change colour and spread through her body as well, her eyes snapped open in shock.

"What is it?" She asked excitedly.

"You can feel this, and all the others"

She gasped, figuring it out "You're in control of them!"

"Yes and you can help me send them all back to where they came from. Just focus and imagine what you want them to do" Leo said.

As soon as she started to do as he told her, Leo felt his connection with the other machines strengthen considerably. And he didn't have to put as much concentration into getting them to move back into the sea more. However he did make sure he was taking the brunt of the connection so Jen did not feel that much of the strain, that being connected to them all would have put on her.

"So...we just keep holding down?" Jen asked, her expression and her tone, a emotion Leo couldn't pin point for some reason.

"Yeah, don't let go" He told her.

He wondered if she had noticed.

Noticed how his voice lacked excitement or triumph, only sadness and reluctance and...dread.

Through the connection he could see that his friends had already left the metal beasts they had been trying to destroy, letting it head back towards the ocean, and most of the mortals piloting these metal beasts had also left, recognising they could not survive going underwater with a damaged metal beast, damaged from what Samantha, Teresa, Tabitha and Damon had done to it.

While some were still there, still trying to take control, not understanding why the machines were no longer under their control. Those mortals would be fine though, they didn't have a gaping hole within their machine that would let the water in.

Not like Leo and Jen's had.

As the metal beast walked back into the ocean, water started to come through the hole, soaking the metal floor.

The water soon came rushing in, up to his ankles then his knees.

Jen glanced worriedly at him, the water was now near her waist.

But she bravely didn't let go.

"It'll be over soon" Leo promised.

Darkly in the back of his mind, he knew this promise wouldn't break.

It just depended on what exactly would be over first...