Nothing Was Okay

"Leo? What-I mean where have you been!" Jason almost shouted, stepping forward, eyes wide, he was shocked to see him as well.

Leo couldn't believe what was happening, he tried to get himself to focus but he couldn't.

"I-" He cut himself of, shaking a little. He stumbled again, Damon caught him.

Jason went to help but was warned back by Damon's glare.

"Its-I mean, his okay" Leo told Damon, stumbling over his words.

It definitely wasn't okay.

None of this was.

"What happened to you? No one knew where you were! You just ran away. And we came here to help battle these things then they start going back into the water and then we see you getting dragged back, yelling your lungs out and with these people, who can see through the mist!"

Leo only really focused on one word "We?"

"Leo!"

He was suddenly slapped across the face, he cringed away from them but gaped at who he saw.

"Piper?!"

"Where have you been? We've been worried sick!" She hissed, eyes narrowed on him.

He was not going to get out of this easily.

To his shock two more people he knew joined her, Nico and Hazel, both were glaring at him. Hazel more so than Nico, who though glaring looked more relieved to see him.

Hazel stepped towards him, to hug him or punch him, he wasn't sure.

But this was too much, all of this was too much!

He couldn't cope with what had just happened and couldn't process what was happening now.

"No" Leo muttered.

He stepped back away from them, trying to clear his head.

Jen.

"Leo, are you okay? You look rather pale" Samantha's voice came from behind him.

He wanted to scream at them.

"Who are these people?"

"Leo?"

"What's going on?"

"Leo?!"

"Are you alright?"

"Where were you?!"

"Leo!"

Blackness started to close around his vision and his chest heaved.

He remembered Mitch or Michael telling him that no one else had been there.

But she had been with him.

How many minutes had it been since then?

No human could hold their breath underwater for this long, it was likely she had already- No!

He couldn't accept that.

Wouldn't accept that!

"Please, you have to let me go back. Jen helped me! She was there!" He said, turning to Mitch and Michael, ignoring his friends from Camp Half Blood for now.

"Leo, I checked it out, I didn't see anyone"

"Then you didn't check hard enough!" Leo growled.

Michael stepped forward, putting his hand comfortingly on Leo's shoulder, his voice full of sympathy "Leo, even if you say is true and someone was with you, I doubt it was Jen, she's back at Camp. But if there was someone with you, its no use. They've been underwater for too long. They would have drowned by now"

Drowned...

"No" Leo muttered but Michael's voice echoed and repeated constantly inside his head as he backed away.

But if there was someone with you, its no use. They've been underwater for too long. They would have drowned by now.

"Leo, you saved us all, you should-" Samantha said.

He turned on her "No! She saved you all, not me!"

Samantha jumped backwards a little at the sudden ferocity in his voice.

"And you won't even let me go and save her" Leo said, his voice shaking. He could barely talk, too choked up, his mouth felt swollen and it was difficult to breathe and swallow.

Tabitha and Teresa where there as well now.

Tabitha looking very confused at what was going on.

"We think Leo hallucinated-" Mitch started to say.

"Jen wasn't a hallucination! She held them down! She kept up the connection so these machines don't end up killing us all! She was there!" Leo practically, almost screamed.

And with that he turned, running as fast as his legs would carry him.

Towards the sea.