She Was Born To Save This World

Leo didn't know how long he had been crying for, only his eyes had started to sting because of the tears and his breathing was erratic

Leo didn't know how long he had been crying for, only his eyes had started to sting because of the tears and his breathing was erratic. But slowly his tears dried. And his jaw clenched, his body shot up in temperature.

He ignored Jason's gasp of pain as he let go of Leo's now burning skin. He stood up, his grief died to give way to fury. He looked up to the sky and he knew his father was watching, he must be.

"Dad! This is your fault, I know you're here and listening to me! Answer me, answer me dam it!" He screamed at the sky.

It was a clear sky, the the sun shone brightly.

Leo wondered if Apollo was mocking him.

Before his friends could question him, a bright light appeared behind Leo. He knew who it was straight away. Gasps from his friends were heard all around.

He slowly turned towards his father.

"Leo" Hephaestus said gently.

"Was it true?! Is she yours? Was she my sister?" He demanded, not caring about showing any respect towards him.

"Yes, it is true" His father said, his expression downcast and sad.

"Jen's gone, isn't she?" He said shakily, it was more of a statement than a question.

"She is at peace, in Elysium" Hephaestus said softly.

Leo ignored his friends reaction to this news, all his focus on his father, a seething hatred started to overwhelm him.

"You knew this would happen didn't you!" He growled.

Hephaestus didn't reply.

"We're just tools for you aren't we? Tools for you to use and dispose of when the times right! Tools for the gods, for fate. You know I thought that you might actually care about what happened to the mortal world but really all the prophecy was, was you using us as a peace offering to fix what your other children had done! That's all it was there for. It wasn't some secret prophecy that would help Camp Ceres finally be recognised. It was there to predict how you'd get back in Zeus's favour by using your children as tools to be forgiven for your other mistakes" Leo spat out.

"Leo-" Hephaestus started to say, pleading for his sons forgiveness.

He growled "It's no wonder they turned against you and the other gods once they realised they were just tools!"

Leo choked back his tears and tried not to sob while he spoke.

"I bet she wasn't even meant to have a proper life. She was born to die when you all needed it! That's how she turned up in camp. That's why she turned up in camp"

His hands were shaking and his chest hurt.

To his shock Hephaestus suddenly crouched down before him, so much that his eyes met Leo's.

They burned with fire, just like Leo's eyes. 

"No son" He said.

Hephaestus voice became almost a booming quality that echoed around the area, reminding Leo that despite him being his father, he was still standing in the presence of a god.

"She was born to to save this world and save your life"

Then he vanished in white light, he stepped backwards before hand, which got everyone around him to close their eyes.

Leaving Leo to contemplate his words.

And to get lost in them.

She had known by staying what would happen.

Leo was still grief stricken and angry at what had happened but thinking over his fathers words he found that he was also...proud.

Proud of her.

Maybe that feeling would help...