Some Truths

It was Samantha

It was Samantha. She stares. Eyes wide, her mouth agape.

"Who...?"

Leo sighs, hoping she won't hate him for lying.

"That was my father. I- I'm originally from Camp Half Blood. I'm a son of Hephaestus"

She shook her head in disbelief "Why...didn't you tell me?"

"What was I supposed to say? It's not something that could just, well you know, tell you! Especially with what Teresa thinks of me!"

"Don't bother about her. She can be too suspicious sometimes"

"Sometimes?"

She shrugged with a slight smile. Rubbing the back of her neck nervously she said "What can I say? She is my sister. Well half sister"

Leo felt like his mind exploded even though this did make sense. He had thought before they looked very similar but their personalities, wow!

"Teresa's your sister?"

"Yeah. I thought-"

"Sister?"

"-That you might guess. We had the same mortal mother but-"

"I can't believe she is your sister!"

"-Our godly and immortal parents are different-"

"Sisters?!"

"Leo!" Samantha finally snapped.

"Ah, sorry. What were you saying?" Leo said, blushing a little.

"Her father was an immortal. My father was Ares. I came from Camp Half Blood, like you" She said.

Leo tried not to stare. This day was getting more and more surprising.

"I haven't been there in a while but I got sick of watching the gods favourite children always getting the quests and the attention. Everyone else could deal with it. Some were jealous but they still could deal with it. I just couldn't. I was constantly ignored. Looked down on for being the weakest Ares child. But I longed to prove myself. To prove that I was worthy of their attention. Worthy of everyone's attention. So I ran. This place called to me, like it did for you"

"But why was everyone making such a big fuss with how I came in if-"

"Because we are all warned when someone new comes in. There are alarms that tell us when someone is stepping into that hotel. Only two people have gotten as far as the forest and haven't triggered alarms"

"Let me guess. Me and Jen?" Leo said, raising his eye brows.

Samantha nodded.

They stood in silence for a couple of seconds but then Leo said reluctantly "I'm not sure I can do this"

Everything his father had told him sounded like something Percy or Jason would be doing, not the tool boy, not him.

He pushed the thought of Jason out of his head quickly. It hurt him too much... Jason would probably never forgive him.

"Well if it's any consideration" Samantha said, putting her hand on Leo's shoulder "I think you can"

Leo was about to reply but then a sudden thought came to him.

Why were they still standing  around here for?!

His father just told him there was something monstrous beneath the waves!

The prophecy was coming true.

He needed to warn them!

"Samantha! I don't care everyone's asleep. You need to call a camp meeting right now!"