The Night Alone

It felt like his legs couldn't carry him fast enough, fast enough away from his nightmare

It felt like his legs couldn't carry him fast enough, fast enough away from his nightmare. But it wasn't a nightmare though he wished so much it was.

Thalia was right, he could hurt other people, he needed to go.

Leo ran to the closest city, the bag containing all he needed to survive on his own on his back. He hoped none of the demigods would try and follow him. This was on him. Leo didn't want to pull anyone else into this.

But it still hurt, despite knowing this was for the best. It hurt big time.

When he had finally thought he'd found a home...

Don't! Leo told himself.

Just don't think.

Run.

Its what your good at, isn't it?

Running?

It was getting dark when he finally got to the city. The streetlamp's flickering. Leo kept a wary look out for monsters, he knew they could be anywhere. Just waiting, out in the dark.

He shivered, these seemed a lot more scary than it had been but pehaps that was because he has no idea about the monsters that could be out there. And now he did and wished he didn't.

Come on Leo, you're better than this. No monster can beat team Leo! His trusted hammer would sort that out! And...if he had too..

Leo glanced down at his fingers that were wrapped around his magic tool belt, they seemed to almost glow in the dark as he thought of the crackling hot element his hands wielded. How many monsters could withstand fire?

He found a alleyway, behind some bins, it was good because it was really a thin space and the two houses besides were both empty, the cars gone. Perfect spot not to get spotted, he couldn't have anybody from the camp finding him.

But then again who would?

The only people he could think that cared enough to go after him, he'd hurt from his cursed fire, and she wouldn't come for him, beauty queen would probably hate him as well by now, for what he did to Jason.

Hazel had Frank, he'd probably convince her it was all for the best. He'd probably be glad I'm gone Leo thought.

No, Leo thought, no one would miss him.

He curled up, closing his eyes.

Surprisingly sleep was easy to find.

But getting away from his real nightmares was not as he stirred in his sleep.

He couldn't see how bright the moon was.

Or that fate were smiling down at him, just this once.