You Have More Power Than You Know

Leo heaved and choked as he kneeled on the ground coughing

Leo heaved and choked as he kneeled on the ground coughing. His lungs felt like they were exploding but slowly. Like a bomb ripping through your body but in slow motion. He swore out loud. His body now smothered in sweat.

And this stupid machine was still moving!

Pieces of hot red metal had fallen down from the ceiling, from his fire. Some of the metal had even turned to a liquidly substance and there were electric currents visible, sometimes shocking the air around him. He was careful with what he touched.

How long had he been at it? He wasn't sure but he knew it was now much closer to town than before.

Leo groaned, his chest heaving as he panted. He felt like he was going to be sick.

He knew the others weren't having much luck as the other machines were still moving at a slow but steady pace to the town, from the beaches.

"Leo!"

He looked up to see Michael. He had used the water from the sea to get to him.

"How's it going?"

"Not that great but I have some more bad news, there are more of them!"

"More?" Leo asked, slowly, this couldn't be possible!

"Look!" Michael said, pointing out to sea.

Sure enough they both could see black shadows coming closer to the waters surface, further across the sea.

Leo straightened as his heart stuttered a little in his chest.

No, no!

His eyes narrowed as his mind worked fast, trying to come up the best way to deal with them.

"We've already tried to short circuit them with the ocean but it hasn't worked other than almost killing us with electricity" Michael said.

But then where...?

"You and Mitch, can you both breathe underwater?" He asked.

"Yeah, actually we can, why?"

"Find out where they are coming from and if you can, put a stop to it, no matter what"

Michael did a mock salute as he said "Yes sir"

Leo decided not to comment on that however he was surprised when Michael said with a smirk "And by the way, I am Mitch"

Before Leo could react Mitch jumped from the side, the water helping him land and softening his fall.

Leo sighed, rolling his eyes. Thanks for not correcting me until now he thought but decided he had more important things to worry about.

"Okay, come on!" He said.

He took a deep breath, pouring all his frustration and anger into it as he let loose once again, also using his hands, grabbing the sides.

It went through metal and it melted certain weaker parts but that was it. The metal beast was still moving, still moving closer and closer to the town.

He could now hear screaming from below and shouts of the cops for the public to get back. Leo coughed loudly, hacking as he stopped breathing fire. In his frustration he lit his hands on fire and slammed them into the metal before him.

"Dam you, you f-"

FLASH!

His gut suddenly tugged painfully, so painfully he almost keeled over but then he...

He could feel something, something strong, almost like a heart beat but quicker and it seemed to vibrate and hum, then he could feel...other strange heartbeats all around him but not as loud or as close.

What...

What was this?

Then it registered what he was feeling as he looked down at his hands. His eyes widened in shock.

His veins!

They had become more prominent and something black and red had started to spread through them.

Leo gasped as he stepped backwards in shock. As soon as he was not touching the metal the feeling vanished and his veins went back to normal.

But he had already figured out what had just happened.

He had just connected to this machine, had been able to feel its movement and the electricity and fire running through it!

His father interrupted him firmly "You have more power than you know. Being able to breathe fire was only half of what you can do as my gifted son. To help these children you will also need to unlock a technical skill that all my children can do, yet have not realised it yet and not been shown how, you will show them how"

Was this the technical skill Hepeseteus had been talking about?

He could feel the insides of this machine, feel the electrical and fire flowing through it.

Question was, if he could feel it...

Could he also control it?