Broken Healing Bridges

Everyone else stood on the opposite side of them

Everyone else stood on the opposite side of them. The whole camp was there. Wishing them well. Most were excited but there was also worry in the air.

A worry about the last line of the prophecy.

Jen had given Leo a huge hug before he left, clinging to him a little bit. Leo had to admit it did hurt leaving her. He knew he wouldn't be able to keep his promise he'd come back. No one really knew what would happen. 

Mitch and Michael went ahead of everyone else, saying they could get a car to get them all to where the metal beast was coming up from. 

Soon the group had walked into a car park and Mitch was in a van, he was in the drivers seat grinning. 

"You've got to kidding me" Damon grumbled. 

Leo smirked and winked at the twins "Nice job" 

He wished he could have helped hot wire it with them.

Damon walked up to the van and demanded "Out! Now!" 

"Oh come on, please" Mitch pleaded. 

"No way, you don't even look old enough. And I actually am" He said. 

Mitch grumbled a little as he was removed from the drivers seat. 

"Um, you do know how to drive right?" Samantha asked slowly.

"I-" Damon then cut himself off, flushing in embarrassment. 

Leo groaned, this could not be happening!

"He doesn't but I do" Tabitha said stepping forward "I'm in the drivers seat" 

No one argued with her. 

"You have a driving licence? How did you get one?" Damon asked, his eyes narrowing. No one had been aloud out of their camp without his permission. Especially to do anything that mortals do, that would be like giving in to what the gods wanted. 

She shrugged as they all got into the van. Damon sitting close to her. 

"My father and Mother are Demi-gods. My fathers mother is Aphrodite, he got sick of the stereotypes and my mothers daughter of Nike, she was angry that she didn't have a cabin and believed it was unfair. They taught me when I visited them" 

Leo winced at that, it was lucky how much Percy Jackson had changed the camp and Leo was also thinking of how everyone had viewed the Aphrodite children but Piper really had started to change everyones views. He wondered if her dad had just been sour and bitter that he wasn't the centre of attention or he was like Piper, brave and skilled but unlike Piper had never gotten the chance to show what he was made of. 

He climbed into the van last, squishing in, in the back. To his dislike he had to sit next to Teresa. 

They all has squished in the back of the van apart from Damon and Tabitha as she started the van up.

They sat in silence. 

Teresa stared ahead silently. She looked like she was trying to look calm but she was pale and Leo noticed her hands where trembling. 

In her opinion the prophecy was full of shit and they were heading out to get themselves killed, it was obvious why she was scared. 

A hour ago Leo would have wondered if she didn't believe it why was she here? But he knew Teresa had been sincere when she had talked to Samantha. For once her deciding to stay had not been for Damon but for someone else. 

"You okay?" He asked her. 

They may not get along but she was still fighting on their side. And she was still sacrificing her own safety by coming, they all were. 

She just stared ahead and not looking at him as she said "You said mortals were behind this?" 

"Yeah" Leo said. 

"Do you think they'll be close?" 

"Probably"

"You think we might have to fight them?" 

"Yeah" Leo said reluctantly.

Teresa breathed in, then out as if readying herself for something then said after a while "What did you say about my stance?" 

Leo looked at her sharply, startled. She still hadn't met his eyes but her tone and expression was serious. 

He smiled and started to talk. 

To anyone that had only just met Teresa it was just a normal question but Leo could hear the apology in her tone and that she had actually been paying attention to what he had said. 

Sometimes a simple sorry was too difficult to say. 

And Leo found that he was completely okay with that.