Prologue

{THIS IS A SEQUEL TO BETTER OFF ALONE}

«UNEDITED »

•••

I believe there are two types of people in this life: the type to travel and the type to stay in one place for all of their life.

I, Macey Littlefield, am of the first variety. I was made to go places. I've always known it and I've always wanted it. I dream of sleeping in hotels across the world, business meetings in Japan, eating delicacies of Italy and France. I want it all.

As I said, there are two types of people. One of my best friends, Olive Peterson, is of the opposite type as I am. Change scares her to death and she would be content to live in our puny hometown West Brook, California for the remainder of her life. When I dream of hotels, she thinks of her own bedroom; when I think of business trips, she thinks of running the family business; and when I think of foreign delicacies, she thinks of home cooked meals. We're two very different people that somehow find common ground on the fact that we want each other to be happy no matter what.

My other best friend, Gemma Lawrence, is definitely the same type as me. I mean, she's going to be living in France for nine months by herself come the end of August.

What makes me the first type like Gemma?

I am moving to New York City in one week from today. No one knows that I'm moving except for my family. I'm too nervous to tell my friends that I'm going away for the summer and then, hopefully, my life. This was supposed to be our last summer together before life hit us square on. It was supposed to be the summer we were young and reckless and did all the things we alway wanted to do, but never had the chance. It was a summer to say goodbye.

The last summer before Gem and I left Olive in her content place called home.

How do I tell them this place isn't for me? How do I tell them I was ready to leave for years now? How do I tell them I'm the traveling type? The type to call home the world?

I'm the type better off away.

•••

Alright, guys. Here's the Prologue to my new story! I really hope you like it!

Love always, Samantha <3