Epilogue

One month later

I busily pack my suitcase with the things I need for the visit home; excited to be taking Jack home to meet my parents. Most of my stuff is put in boxes already since I decided to move out of Izzy's apartment and into the Creal Home with Jack and Max. Lola and Tom are there also, along with Maddi, Gen and Em with their families. It's been made into our makeshift headquarters, where we plan the future of Creal each day so it only made since I join them.

Izzy's not too upset since she has a boyfriend now, the mysterious Mr. Huisman somehow found a way to romance my aunt. She's also excited to be changing her career into a path she never expected. Jack asked her to join him at Creal and though it's not what she thought she'd ever be doing or even wanted, she said yes. Working alone has taken its toll on her and she's ready for partnering with someone in both the business world and her personal life.

Lola and Tom never stop bickering, but when they do stop they're usually making out or dawdling over one another. It's equally sickening and relieving.

I begin my schooling in two weeks, but I'm only doing it part time because I've decided my main focus is to be there for Jack whenever he needs me. If that means sacrificing some on my part, I'm more than willing to.

Max says he's happier than he's ever been as he busies himself with the Creal Arts. He's a whiz, making everyone feel like they are the most important to the cause and taking on a load of work himself. Jack and I tried to convince him to take a week off to join us in our trip to California, but he refused, saying he couldn't abandon the work.

Jack's mom is still in England where she is settling into a life of anonymity. Jack misses her, but I also see hurt in their relationship. He wants to restore their relationship, but he feels it will take time, and only time, to do so. He also wants to have closure with his father which I respect and applaud. That's why we're stopping by the cemetery before we go to the airport to catch the flight to California.

Izzy knocks on my door. "Are you almost ready?" She asks, leaning against the door frame.

I smile at her, closing my suitcase. I shouldn't need much since I'm going back to a room filled with belongings. "I'm ready."

"Jack just buzzed from the lobby, he's headed up."

I nod and hug her goodbye, telling her I'll see her soon. Jack arrives and gives me a quick peck on the lips before taking my bag from me and my hand so that we can head down. In the elevator I smile at him, knowing that I made the right decision all those weeks ago.

"I love you," I say it simply, because it's the most simple thing I know. I breathe air, I use my feet to walk and I love Jack. It's as simple as that. It's the truest thing I know.

Jack smiles back at me. "I love you too."

I'm not sure where our story is headed, but I am sure of one thing: it's far from being over. Life is a crazy thing. I thought for certain I'd end up in a completely different place with a completely different plan. I wanted to get away from everything and everyone I need the most.

Jack has taught me that life is filled with a golden light, but it only takes staying in one place for more than a moment to see that.

I know more than ever before that I'm not leaving Jack, not today, not ever. He's my golden light and I'm not going anywhere.

•••

Please read important A/N in next chapter (concerning book three).