One

It's been almost two years since Luke and Jocelyn got married. Like I had predicted, they were immensely happy and very much in love.

My mother and I had grown apart;her company had been taken completely over by her new husband. I did not mind as much as I thought I would have, because I started making new friends, opening myself up to others when I realized that my family might be alright.

I was coming home from my friend, Ashton's, house when I heard it one night. I was certain that they must have not expected me to come home so soon or else I doubted that I would have walked in on them screaming at each other at the top of their lungs.

I stared back at them both with wide eyes, afraid that if I moved from my spot or said anything that everything around me would blow up.

They stared back, the loud noises of their voices halting instantly. Luke gave a defeated sigh and walked out the door, head hanging low.

What the hell just happened in here? I hadn't come in early enough to know even a hint of what they were arguing so fiercely about.

"Mom. What happened?" I asked softly.

She gawked at me blankly and just shook her head before heading up the stairs, leaving me completely and utterly alone.

I haven't ever made a story like this, but I'm thinking about making chapters very short, instead of the usual long ones. They are called drabble fanfics, consisting of 200-1000 words each. Again thanks for reading :)