Fifty Six

That wasn't the last call I had received from her. I tried focusing on the teachers but my phone kept ringing, at least twice every hour. I ended up turning it completely off, huffing in frustration. I didn't want to hear anything that bitch had to say.

When Luke picked me up, he could sense my discomfort.

"Cami, what's wrong?" He asked the minute I stepped foot into the car.

"Jocelyn's keeps calling me. It just started earlier today," I told him, turning on my phone to show him the calls. This time, there was a voicemail. I played it, putting it on speaker for Luke to hear as well.

"Cami, baby. I'm so sorry I hit you. Please call me. I swear I'll make it up to you. Please, I'm begging you. I can't live knowing that I hurt my baby."

Her voice was the only sound in the car, and by the way she was sniffling and speaking, it was apparent that she was crying. My body was convulsing in anger and sadness. If she wanted to apologize why would she wait so long?

That's your mother. My mind reminded me and I wanted to switch it off along with the rest of my annoying emotions.

"What do you want to do,?" Luke asked, his blue eyes shining with concern.

"I don't know," I groaned. "I just want her to go away."

"Maybe if you talk to her, she'll finally leave you alone."

I crossed my arms across my chest. "No. I refuse to."

"Angel, I know you don't want to, but this might be the only way you're ever going to be free from her. End things for good, if you want to. Just don't leave someone without closure. It never ends up well, for you or for them."

I put both hands in my hair, sweeping it out of my face as I sighed heavily.

"God, I know you're right," I said bitterly.

"Trust me, I'm just as unhappy as you. I don't want you ever going near her. Not after what happened to you last time," he said seriously, putting his large hand over my small one, covering it completely.

I took that chance to open my phone and stare at my mother's number. I took in a sharp breath and held it as I punched the call button.

Hey hi hello. Please vote and comment!
Oh and what would you guys's reaction be if I said I'm making another story as you read this? ;)