Fourty Six

The next morning, Jocelyn still hadn't come home. It infuriates me because Luke had left in the middle of the night back to his room, afraid to let my mother find us sleeping together. Which wouldn't have a big deal anyway, besides the fact that we were completely naked.

"Do you think you can stay somewhere today?" Luke plead that morning, while I was helping him make breakfast.

"I'm not sure. I could stay at Ashton's place," I said, silently wishing that he would get jealous again and forbid me not to go there. I wanted to be here when Luke talked to my mother.

"Perfect. I can drop you off for just a few hours. I promise," he told me, stirring his homemade strawberry whipping cream for the waffles.

I grimaced but nodded, knowing that this was something he had to do by himself. "I'll text Ash and let him know. He's probably still asleep right now," I chuckled.

He raised an eyebrow at me. "So you're sure he's gay right? No touchy-feely stuff, got it?"

I rolled my eyes. "Yes I'm sure he's into guys. And you aren't my dad, Luke, no need to be so protective." I stuck out my tongue playfully and he smirked.

"Maybe, but I am your daddy."

My mouth fell open and he just shrugged as if he didn't just say anything.

"Come try this," Luke said, covering his finger with some whipped cream.

I immediately wrapped my mouth around it, not thinking much about my actions. Luke watched me intensely, chewing on his lip. Blushing, I pulled back, going to grab the silver wear and plates.

"It's really good. Really sweet," I comment.

Luke places the food onto the plate, pouring some of his homemade cream on top, bringing it over to our table.

"Yeah, just like something else I know." He shot a wink at me, before licking his lips, making me weak in the knees. Goddamn this man.

After finishing the whole plate, Luke drove me over to Ashton's house. I was excited to see my friend again. Usually, we were inseparable.

"I'll text you to come home when I'm done talking to her alright? I'll see you soon."

I nodded, and he placed a soft kiss on my forehead. I got out of the car reluctantly, closing the door behind me.

"Angel?"

"Hm?" I turned around, bending down and partially stuck my head through the rolled-down window.

Luke gave me a small, chaste kiss and I could feel myself smile against his warm lips. Even the smallest gestures made my heart want to explode.

"I love you."

"I love you too," I said after pulling back, turning around and walking away before I could get back into the car with him.

So like I'm selling cookie dough and I've already got five sales but then it started raining really hard. And I went home looking like a wet cat. That was totally irrelevant but I'm going to let u guys know anyway bc I'm strange. OK. BYE!