Fourteen

"And she literally fell on her face!" Ashton giggled, and I couldn't help but giggle with him. He was telling me a story about his dog.

"What about you," he asked, his white teeth visible against the night sky, "anything happen recently? You're so quiet."

Dang it. "Yeah no, I'm fine, I'm just...having complications with my stepfather."

It wasn't a complete lie.

"Oh, you mean the hot one?" Ashton asked casually, taking a bite of the ice cream in front of him.

I laughed. "Yeah, I guess you could say that."

"God, have you seen the man? He's beautiful. If I were you I'd be doing him every-"

I made a disgusted face. "Ash, Lord, stop please." Ashton was openly gay, and I was totally fine with that, but hearing him speak about Luke was unsettling.

"Hmmm Luke's got Cami's panties in a twist," Ashton teased childishly, sticking his tongue out. I felt my stomach sink at his words and prayed it didn't show on my face.

"No, but seriously what's up?" He asked, sitting down on a bench along the pathway. I sat down shortly after, looking down at my hands and trying to avoid his questions.

"He invited me to go to Chicago with him in a few days because he has some business stuff there," I admitted, still playing with my thumbs.

I could sense Ashton's confusion, even though I wasn't looking at his face. "Okay? What's so wrong about that?"

"I don't know, nothing really. I just feel nervous around Luke. I always have. And I'll be completely alone with him this time."

When Ashton didn't reply, I looked at his face and I caught his golden brown eyes in the middle of an eye roll. "Cami, it isn't like he's gonna take advantage of you or touch you in anyway, right? He's your step-father! That's disgusting."

Crap. "If course it's wrong but I mean, he's only like 8 years older than me." After I said the words, I instantly regretted them. Why am I actually trying to make a f.ucked up situation alright?

"Cami, are you serious right now? Are you even hearing yourself? You do realize it's still child molestation and that's f.ucking sick in my book," he raged, his face slowly turning red. He even harshly threw away his half eaten ice cream in the trash can next to us. He doesn't ever throw away food.

I knew then and there that I couldn't ever tell Ashton. He wouldn't understand, not something like this. I was truly alone on this.

I put a hand on Ashton's shoulder, looking at his horrified face. "I'm sorry, I promise you nothing's happening, I was just anxious about the trip. And you know how I like to argue over anything. Trust me, I'm fine," I lie, straight through my teeth.

He relaxed and shook his head. "It's alright. You just know how much I care about you right?"

His words made me feel sick. "Of course I do!" I said with a meek grin.

"Come here." Ashton pulled me into a hug, and I rested my head on his shoulder, praying that one day he'd forgive me.

Abruptly, he pulled away. "Cami," he stated, tugging on my sleeve to get my attention. "Isn't that your mom?"

I frowned deeply, turning my head in the direction of his stare. Jocelyn said that she was going to another meeting earlier that night; it seemed as if she was having those regularly now.

I felt my heart pound, anger filling my veins. I started to tremble because I was so furious. "Oh my god."

It was her alright, but she looked completely shaken, her hair sticking up in weird angles. Her face was red, and her body language basically screamed "just fucked."

Thoughts? Until tomorrow :3