Eight

When Luke told me that the trip to Chicago was coming soon, I didn't realize exactly how fast it would be. I took my suitcase out of my closet and started packing. Three days in advance may seem early but I like having my things ready way before the actual event. It made me feel like I have control over something my life, even when things aren't so much. I found myself frowning when I misplaced my favorite shirt: a simple shoulder-less, lacy, long sleeved shirt.

I then recalled that Jocelyn might have taken it, to wear to work or something, and I shuddered at the thought of her wearing my clothes.

Luke and my mother went out to one of her friend's house for dinner, so I walked into their room without hesitation. The light sound of my feet padded across the wooden floorboards.

To my surprise, the place was cleaner than I would have guessed. The bed had been made too. I laughed quietly; who would've guessed that my step-father would be such a clean freak.

Heading into the closet, I searched for my shirt, which was right where I expected it to be-crumpled up in the back of the closet. I rolled my eyes in annoyance and picked it up, but accidentally knocked over a big box that read STAY OUT.

I looked up and noticed that it belonged to Luke, which made my skin crawl with curiosity. I also observed that it had a digital built in lock. Underneath it was a typical keyboard; the only difference was that it only consisted of numbers and letters and was considerably smaller.

"I'm sorry Luke," I whispered to the walls and entered in my first try, his birthday.

7161996.

I nearly jumped when an electronic voice said "Please try again."

After five tries, the voice warned me that it would lock for an hour if I got one more incorrect try.

Damn it! What could it be?

I was about to try Jocelyn's birthday again, but then something made me stop, and type a-n-g-e-l instead.

Access Granted.

The box clicked open and I held my breath, still disbelieving the small event that just occurred in front of me. His password was me.

Another part influenced by the fanfiction I read before! What do you guys think is in the box? ;)