Fourty Two

Grabbing my stuff, I threw it messily into my luggage, not caring about the disorganization. On normal days, the messiness would have caused me to go insane, but all I could think about was the guilt slowly starting eating away at me.

After Luke said that we had to pack, it broke me out of the daze I realize I've been living in for a whole week now. No matter how much I wanted to be with him, he was still my step-father, legally. Even if my mother and him were to get a divorce, it wouldn't change the fact that I'd be banging my mothers ex., and I, for one, was not looking forward to be the one to tell her that.

Though Luke was just across the hall, the distance felt unbearable. It was foolish, to think this way. He wasn't leaving, and we weren't saying goodbye. We just had to act like things were before. The only problem was, I didn't remember how things were before, regardless it being only a couple days ago.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me once again.

"Why are you always asking me that?" I shot back harshly, and he gave me a strange face.

"Because. I can never guess what's going on in that head of yours,"he confessed, heading down to the car parking lot with me trailing behind him with a bigger effort than I thought needed.

I let out an exasperated chuckle. "Funny," I deadpanned. "I always thought that I was an open book."

"Cami, are you sassing me?" We had stopped in front of his car.

I felt the need to back talk him. "Maybe."

"What are you so worried about? Is it your mom? Because I'm perfectly capable of handling this, Cami."

He organized the luggage neatly into the car as he talked, clearly annoyed with my behavior.

"Yeah, of course you do. That's exactly why you haven't divorced Jocelyn yet." I climbed in the car and shut the door behind me, fuming. I didn't know exactly why I was even mad. Because I didn't get to stay another day? Because I live in a messed up world where I fell for my stepfather?

A few seconds later, he got in the car after me. "Seriously?" Luke ragged, slamming the car door shut. "I have my reasons! Quit being a child!"

Oh he did not.

"A child? I'm 18. Stop treating me like one and maybe I'll stop acting like one. You never let me know anything, anyway!"

Luke started the car, backing out and pressed down on the gas pedal a little harder than he needed to. If he wasn't so mad at me, this would have been fucking hot.

But, God I hated fighting with him.

After a while of driving, my stomach growled and I nearly facepalmed.

He kept his eyes on the road, refusing to even look at me. It didn't even seem like he was angry anymore. I was impressed with how he was handling the Jocelyn thing when I was clearly an agitated mess. "Are you hungry?"

"No, I can feed myself," I said, still pissed at the whole situation.

"How? You're stuck in a car with me."

I rolled my eyes. "Don't remind me."

"Do you want a happy meal? That's what children eat, right?" He mocked bitterly.

I made a face at him, and scoffed. Who's the childish one now? "Fuck you, Hemmings," I spat.

"When, where, and how hard?" Luke retorted back sarcastically.

The look on his face was priceless when I replied immediately, leaning over in my seat and started unbuckling his pants, pulling it down with a hard tug.

"Don't ask if you don't want your question answered."

So I wrote all this before and I didn't realize exactly how much smut there is gonna be in the later chapters. Damn. Oh well. People who don't like it I'm sorry but I guess that's how it will go down.
STILL, 20K!!!!!!! YAYYYY! My goal is 50k before this book ends but I guess we'll just have to see :)