<2.My new Guy>

Lunch time rolled around on this "wonderful" sunny day at college. The reason I say "wonderful" is because I was so close to failing my test today. I guess since I came home late the other day I didn't study after that. Ever since I met that guy Taemin I've been doing nothing but focusing on him. Where is he? What is he doing? Who is he with? What's wrong with me? I've never been like this before. Letting a boy interfere with school was a no no. I've never let that happen. But all I could think about was his soft looking hair falling infront of his face and his gentle smile. It's all I could think about lately and it's not something I'd usually do. As I was lost in my thoughts I heard someone call my name.
"Ari!"
I turned around seeing my best friend Emma who moved here to South Korea from America a few years ago. We met last year and connected instantly over our interest in American artist Michael Jackson. I smiled at her and greeted her.
"Hey Emma. You packed lunch today?" I asked her.
"Yeupp. Did you?"
"Mhmm. Let's go to our spot to eat."
We walked around the courtyard and found a small spot under a tree. Our spot. A small table for two under a beautiful swaying tree. We sat down together and began to eat.
"How did you do on that test?"
"My mind has been wondering lately. I don't think I did well." I confessed.
"What's the matter?"
"I...um..." I began blushing.
And let me remind you this is my BEST friend. Practically my wife. She knows EVERYTHING about me.
"A boy!" She screamed.
"Huh?"
"You're thinking about a boy! Aren't you? I knew it." She smirked in satisfaction.
I sighed in defeat.
"Yeah."
"Who?"
"His name is Taemin."
Her eyes widened in shock or maybe surprise. I wasn't quite sure this time. What was wrong with what I said?
"What?"
"Taemin? Ari no!"
"What?"
"He-! He has a um, girlfriend." She said saddly.
My heart sunk down passed my stomach. I felt like an idiot. Feeling this way for someone who will never like me back because he has a girlfriend. How much of a fool am I? I feel sick and stupid.
"Wow... Now I'm all sad..." I said not feeling hungry anymore.
"I'm sorry Ari."
"It's fine. I'll just have to forget him."
I started looking around akwardly and suddenly spotted a familiar guy. He turned his face a bit and I saw him clearly. It was Taemin. I wanted so bad to go say hi but then I remembered what Emma had said. I wouldn't be able to speak most likely and I would just look desperate. Him just standing there alone was breathtaking. He was so handsome and cute at the same time. Such a young face but such a manly, broad body. How was that even possible? Then my day was ruined even more when I saw a girl approach him. She had long silky hair and a beautiful clear face. She was nice and thin and looked shy and nice. He smiled at her and hugged her. I saw their lips meet and I looked away quickly.
"I better get to my next class." I said to Emma.
"We have a whole hour though Ari." She said.
I grabbed all my stuff and ran off.
"Ari! Wait!"
I'm sorry Emma. I need to be alone right now.

I ran around the courtyard and to another section of the campus where the sports stuff was located. The football field, soccer field, tennis court, all that. I went to the soccer field to watch the team practice and sat on the bleachers. I really need to not be distracted right now. I can't think of Taemin anymore. He loves someone else and I'm just someone he met one night under the rain. What's so special about me anyway? That girl and I are totally different. She's a beautiful Korean girl and I'm just a simple girl from Japan. She was thin and my thighs touch. She had long soft looking hair compared to my average mid length hair that was just not as silky textured. Her skin was so clear and mine...well don't look at my forehead okay just a few small bumps here and there. She is just so pretty and I'm just...normal. There's no way he'd go for me... Suddenly I heard big footsteps on the bleachers. I looked up expecting to see Emma but saw a guy instead. He wore a soccer uniform and looked like he was sweating a bit. I looked down seeing a backpack right next to where I was sitting. Is this his? He walked towards me and smiled gently.
"Excuse me." He reached for the bag.
"Sorry." I whispered still a bit upset.
He gathered his things in his bag and stopped to look at me.
"You're staring." I said to him.
"Sorry." He chuckled.
"What's your name?" He asked sitting next to me.
"Ari." I smiled and bowed.
"You're Japanese huh?"
"How'd you know?"
"I can see it in your face. You have a beautiful face that Japanese people have. A nice shape and beautiful eyes." He smiled.
Beautiful? This guy....
"Um thank you." I blushed a bit.
"I'm Minho by the way."
"Minho? I've heard of you. You're a big hit on the soccer team right?"
"Haha yeah I guess so."
He smiled and let out a laugh. An amazing laugh if I may add. This guy, Minho, he really took my mind off Taemin. He was so nice. I smiled at him and thought about it. He could help me forget Taemin. He's so kind a gentle.
"So you don't have a boyfriend do you?" He suddenly asked me.
I was so startled by his question. Did he mean to say that?
"N-no I don't." I replied nervously.
"Oh ok cool." He smiled and looked down at his shoes.
"Hey, I hope to see you again and get to know you more. Can I get your number?" He smiled at me again.
"Sure!"
I put my number in his phone and he did the same to mine.
"I'll be sure to text you later so we can meet up sometime." He said in a suddenly husky tone.
I felt my heart speed up a bit at that. We both stood up and he looked down at me.
"Woah!" I exclaimed.
"What is it?"
"You're so tall!"
He laughed that perfect laugh again.
"Yea I know. You're so small!" He patted my head.
"Mhmm sure am." I said a bit salty.
"I'll see you around Ari." He gave me one last smile before leaving.
I think we'll be good friends.

I started to walk back to go to my next class when something fell out my pocket. I bent down to pick it up when someone beat me to it. I looked at the hand who had caught my pencil and followed his arm up to his face. Dammit not him.
"Oh Ari! I didn't think I would see you!"
Taemin smiled at me and handed me my pencil.
"Hi." I said all my saddness comming back.
I took my pencil from him and put it back in my back pocket. I slid past him to get away from the anger within me.
"Hey wait Ari!"
I stopped. Why did I stop? C'mon feet move! Damn I hate myself sometimes for feeling feelings.
"Let's talk. I haven't seen you in a while."
"Yeah sure haven't." I faked my best smile.
"So how have your classes been going?"
"They're alright. I just wish I could sleep through them ya know. Not like I don't from time to time."
He let out a strong laugh. That laugh that I fell for. Dammit why are you so cute Taemin!?
"I'm the same. I never get caught though! I'm a master at sleeping unnoticed."
"Oh yeah? Never got caught once?"
"Nope."
"Wow you sure are something." I said smiling actually enjoying our conversation.
We talked for a bit while walking around. I hated myself for enjoying his company. Wasn't I supposed to be forgetting about him? I can't.
"Well I should go now. I'll see you around Ari!" He waved at me and went on his way. Here I am again. Falling for him. This isn't going well. But I should get to class before I'm late.

As I sat down in my class waiting for the professor my phone vibrated in my pocket. I looked at it was a text from Minho. I smiled.
-"Do you have plans after school?"
-"No." I replied.
-"Meet me by the gym after school. I'll be with some friends if that's okay."
-"I don't mind. I'll see you in a few hours."
I smiled putting my phone back as class started. I couldn't wait to hang out with Minho. To forget about Taemin.