12. Clues

"Don't forget to see me again."

I smiled at the text I received this morning from that pianist guy. Even though its been a week since our first meeting now I still don't know who he is. It's also been a week since Taemin kissed me that night... Just thinking about it makes me happy but what does this mean? It confused me, it amazed me, it just made me so happy and confused that I don't even know what's going on anymore. We're still great friends and we see each other often but I cant help but wonder, does he think abut it too?

As the next class started I walked in and took my seat and waited for it to begin. All I could be excited about was lunch after this since I would go see the guy who plays for me everyday at lunch. I put my head down and started to think about who it could be. There was a time when I though it was Minho for a few minutes then I remembered he can't play piano. I only thought it was him because he had patted my head the same way the pianist did. Then I started thinking about people I know that play piano. I have a friend named Won but I don't think it could possibly be him since we rarely see each other around. I know that Jonghyun plays too. Could it be him? oh ma gawd if it's Jonghyun what am I gonna do??? My life man like my entire life...
As I was caught up in my thoughts trying to figure out who this guy was, I felt a pat on my back.
"Hey Ari!" Key came and sat next to me.
"Ah, it's just you." I smiled
"What's that mean huh?" he asked me.
"Haha, nothin'. I was playing around." I laughed.
"Mm. Okay Ari." he smiled a bit.
"So have you found out who that guy was yet?"
Key was the only person to know about this guy since I showed him the note from last time.
"No. This is really crazy but it's kinda nice to be honest. It's thrilling." I said smiling.
"Thrilling? I would be scared if some guy in a mask was asking for me everyday." Key argued.
I laughed and nodded.
"It seems crazy but someone is trying to get my attention. And it's sweet."
"Yeah yeah just don't say that when you find out he's a serial killer."
"Like he's gonna be a serial killer." I rolled my eyes but laughed.

After that class I said bye to Key and went on my way to the music room. My heart was beating so fast. I don't know if it as because I was excited or nervous. Maybe both? Ignoring my thoughts I turned the handle to the music room and opened the door. I stepped inside the spacious room and closed the door behind me. The only light was the sun coming through the curtains on the large windows. I looked around the room seeing no one. Is he not here? Then suddenly I heard music being played on the piano. I looked over and he was sitting there playing. Where did he come from cause he wasn't there when I looked two seconds ago. He wanted to be ninja so bad. I slowly walked over to him and he stopped when I got to him. He looked to me but something was different. The mask wasn't a full mask anymore. Before I could only see his eyes but not so much. I could barely see his eyes before. But now one eye was completely revealed to me. Nothing else. One eye. That was it. His eye was so pretty and glowing that I could be taken to another universe through it.
"What does this mean? Why only one eye?" I asked him.
He blinked slowly and held out his hand for me. I slowly took it and he sat me down next to him. There were many pieces of work in front of me. There was a note too.
"Pick one."
"I can pick a song?" I asked.
He nodded.
I bit my lip and I looked at all the pieces in front of me. I didn't know any of them but I picked one anyway.
"This one." I said pointing to the one in the middle.
He took all the other papers filled with music notes away and placed the one I picked in front of him. He placed his hands on the keys and began playing. It was slow and graceful. I was totally mesmerized. I've never heard someone play the piano as beautifully as him. I smiled watching him and when I looked at him he was looking at me. He was looking at me this whole time while playing? Amazing. I looked into his one visible eye and he didn't blink once looking at me. He was starring at me. I blushed and looked away quickly. After a minute he finished playing and I looked back at him.
"That was amazing." I said clapping.
He bowed his head to me as if saying thank you. He then got up and held out a hand to me again. I took it and he lead me over to the wall where a note was posted. I read aloud:
"Do you know who I am yet? You take a long time."
I rolled my eyes at the last part.
"Yah! I'm trying okay?" I told him.
I heard a small chuckle come from him. It was the first noise I heard him make. It kinda surprised me.
I smiled and walked closer to him.
"Thank you for today. I should get going now. I'll see you tomorrow okay?"
His eye seemed to be filled with compassion at that moment. He brought his face closer to mine and looked me in the eyes and just by looking at his one visible eye I could tell he was smiling.

***
Later that day I went and visited Taemin and the others. I wanted to tell Key what happened with the pianist. I knocked on the door and held a plastic bag filled with food in my hands. After a few moments Jinki came and opened the door.
"Ari!" He smiled.
"Hey Jinki!" I gave him a strong hug.
"Is that for me?" He smiled and leaned in closer to me.
"Share." I laughed.
"I guess I could do that. Gomawo Ari!" he smiled taking the bag from me and ran into the kitchen.
I laughed and closed the door behind me.
"Ari?" I heard someone calling me.
"Are you here?"
"Yeah I'm coming in." I responded.
I walked in and saw Key sitting on the couch with Jonghyun and Minho watching Tv.
"Where's Taemin?" I asked out of curiosity.
"He went with Onew Hyung because he saw he had food." Minho answered.
"Onew?" I asked never hearing that name before.
"Who's that?"
"Jinki." Jonghyun laughed.
"Where did you guys pull the name Onew from?" I asked confused.
"Cause it means dubu." Key answered.
"......" I stared at them for a moment.
"What?"
They all began laughing at me.
"What are you laughing at? You guys know I'm from Japan right? I don't know your Korean ways." I said shaking my hands around.
"It means soft. Onew Hyung is a soft person."
"Ohhh. Why didn't you just say that?" I asked walking away into the kitchen to greet Taemin.
"Taemin Oppa?" I called entering the kitchen.
"Ari!" He smiled and while chewing the food I had brought he walked to me with open arms and encased me in a hug.
"You doin well?" he asked me.
"Yeah. Thanks."
"Where did you get this food Ari?" Jinki asked me with his mouth full and contempt written all over his face.
"There's some new place around the block that just opened." I said laughing a bit.
"Oh yeah!" I said turning around about to head out the kitchen when Taemin stopped me.
He grabbed my wrist and turned me around.
"Where you going?"
"I just remembered I came here to tell Key something."
"Key Hyung is more important than me?" he asked deeply and bringing his closer to mine.
What's he doing?! Jinki is right there! Is he even watching? I looked over and he was too distracted by the food.
"N-No I was..I just need to tell him something." I explained not looking him in the eyes.
As I looked back he was just smiling at me. I looked into his eyes seeing his passion. Then I remembered the pianist. His eyes are the same. Could Taemin be...
I quickly broke free and turned around and walked out the kitchen.

"Key. Can I talk to you for a second?"
"Yeah." he got up and brought me to his room.
"Wassup?" he sat on his bed and patted a spot next to him for me to sit. I sat next to him and started to tell him what happened.
As I told him everything he listened very well which I appreciated.
"I still think that's creepy." he said after I finished.
"Haha! What? Not really! It's kind of sweet." I said.
"Yeah right. Showing one eye and staring at you. That's not creepy at all." he said sarcastically and laughed.
I never noticed this but I really love Key's laugh. It's funny.
"Oh and by the way,"
Key looked to me and stopped laughing.
"What is it?"
"I've been thinking about who this guy may be. Is it wrong to suspect...Jonghyun or maybe Taemin?" I asked afraid of his answer.
He just looked at me for a second as if thinking about something. What does he know?
"Key." I said after a silent moment.
"Hm?"
"Did you hear me?"
"Yeah and I don't think it's wrong. They are possibilities." He said awkwardly.
"Kim Kibum...what do you know?" I smiled.
"Yah! Don't accuse me! I don't know anything." he retorted and crossed his arms.
"You're such a diva Kibum." I laughed and hugged him.
"You too you little Japanese plum." He smiled and hugged me close to him.
Key in a way was like my older brother. He takes care of me and he just feels like family to me. He's the only one I told about this. I'm glad I can tell him things.

I stayed over for a while and we all watched a movie together. After the movie was over Key said he was going to make dinner.
"Ohh!! Key Oppa! Can I help please!!" I begged.
"Alright c'mon." he smiled and held out a hand for me to take.
I gladly took it and walked to the kitchen with him.
We started preparing dinner together. As Key started getting out ingredients I was curious to what he was making.
"What are we making anyway?" I asked.
"Bibimbap." he answered.
"What in the world is a bibimbap??" I asked so confused.
"Just wait and see." He laughed.
As I helped him make this confusing as all hell dish I couldn't stop thinking about who the masked pianist was. Could it be Taemin? Or Jonghyun?
"Key Oppa."
"Hm?"
"I'll be right back."
I took off my apron and walked into the living room where Taemin and Jonghyun were talking. I sat on the coffee table in front of them both and interrupted their conversation.
"Ari?" Jonghyun asked.
"You two." I said.
They gave me confused looks.
I leaned in closer to the both of them.
"Which one of you is it?"
"What?" they both asked simultaneously.
"Who's been playing the piano for me with the mask?"