39. Without You

Taemin POV:

I guess this is kinda my fault. I noticed Minho flirting with Ari and since I didn't stop it when I first saw it then it lead her to fall into his arms huh? Maybe I'm not good enough. Maybe our end was inevitable since she did like Minho first after all just like he said.

"Love Is Painful..."

I clentched at my chest as I sat on the bed and thought about her. Since I had moved out I decided to live with a friend of mine until I could find another place. But who knows how long that will take. I've been saving up money but that was for something else. I remember her trying to guess why I was working extra hours...if only she knew for what.

"Hope Turns Into Disappointment, Wish Turns Into Dispair..."

I hoped we would one day slip a ring on eachother's fingers and try again for children. But the result was disappointing. Now it's all over. I wished that we could continue on like how we've been and do more together and discover together. But now all that's left is despair.

"I Thought I Finally Found My Love..."

After being cheated on with someone I thought I was in love with, she assured me it would never happen again. She made me feel as if she would be the only one for me from then on. But I guess that's not the case. It just happened all over again. And I was dumb enough to fall for it. I saw, but did nothing. How could I let this happen? But it's not like I could just hold onto her.

"Eventually It's Ended Like This Again..."

I had to do what's best and let her go before I hurt myself. But this hurts too... I slumped over and grabbed my hair. Droplets of tears made their way down my cheek as I did this. Was crying all I could do?

"Eventually We're Not Meant To Be..."

I guess she was meant to be with Minho Hyung after all. And I was meant to be alone. As I thought about all this someone knocked at the door. "Taemin Hyung! Are you okay?" It was Jongin. He was the friend I decided to stay with. Everyone else still lives together and I can't go back there because Minho hasn't moved out. "I'm fine." I replied. "I'm going to bed."

"I Gave Parting To You As A Gift And Turned My Back..."

As I wrapped myself in the blankets I could only recall what happened earlier. I yelled at her and walked away not letting her respond. I smashed all our photos and even ripped up a few before she even showed up at our house but she never saw those since I hid them in the dresser beside the bed. My heart ached and I don't think I'll be getting any sleep tonight.

***
"Taemin!" I heard someone call after me.
I stopped right before I walked inside. I stopped for Ari's voice but not Key's when he called out to stop me. I wondered about that. She finally caught up to me and grabbed my shoulder, turning me to face her.
"Hey! How come you didn't tell me the truth?"
"About what?"
"You told me she just wasn't giving you love you deserved. You never told me she cheated."
"It's the same thing isn't it? She didn't give me the love I deserved as her boyfriend! So I didn't lie."
"Hey."
She took my wrist and then my hand in her own.
"It's alright. Please don't be angry. I don't like to see someone I love angry." she said.
I shot my head up at her.
"Love?"