40. His Butterfly

It's been 2 months since the breakup. Taemin never once texted me or called me in that time. He's really done with me. I wonder what he's up to these days. But I didn't dare ask any of his friends. I still talked to them of course but I couldn't bring myself to ask about Taemin. Why do I still care? Well since then I could do nothing but think of him. This is just how I felt before we even got together. Watching him from afar, wondering if he thought about me, wondering what I have to do to get his attention. It's like we went back in time. Now once again here I am trying to get over him somehow. After thinking it over time and time again, I decided the only way to really get over Taemin is to be with someone else. But there's no one in particular that really captures my attention like Taemin did.

***
"What are you gonna do later?" Key asked me as we walked out of class.
"Probably just study some more. Or sulk around. Ya know the usual." I replied.
"Hey stop it. You can't be hung up on him forever ya know?"
"But Kibum, we've been together for a year and we've been broken up for only two months. I think it may take a little longer to get over him. Idunno what to do."
"You'll be okay. I probably can't do much to help you out but I'll try. How about tomorrow we get something to eat. Sound good?" Key sent me a smile and raised his eyebrow at me.
I smiled back genuinely and nodded.
"I'll see you around."
I waved at him and he left to go home. I walked off campus to go home feeling a bit saddened by our conversation about how I need to get over him soon. As I was walking to the bus stop, it started raining.

"Really? And I don't even have an umbrella with me!" I yelled at myself.
I started running around trying to find someplace to get shelter, but I bumped into someone.
"Oh! Mianhaeyo!" I apologized since I bumped into him so harshly.
He turned around and looked down on me He was a pretty handsome guy and looked around my age. I think I actually seen him around before at school.
"It's okay." he smiled at me.
"Do you need an umbrella?"
He was holding his own above his head but I didn't see another one on him.
"Do you have a spare?" I asked.
"No. I only have this one. But that's fine right?." he smirked at me.

OHMYGAWDHESATTRACTIVE!!! Wait... IS HE SAYING HE WANTS TO SHARE HIS WITH ME?! 

"A-are you saying you'll walk with me?"
"Yea I'm saying that. I'm also saying I'll walk you home. If that's okay."
Wow he's so smooth! Surprised at him I nodded. He may be a stranger but he's a cute stranger. He took me under his arm and I was finally shielded from the rain. My wet hair was sticking to my face and I tried moving it away.
"Here." He said taking his free hand and moving my hair out of my face.
"Wow! Ya know you're really pretty without all that wet hair on your face." he laughed.
"Are you making fun of me?"
"Not at all. But anyway tell me where you live and I'll walk you home."
"Okay but first, what's your name?" I asked.
"Kim Namjoon. How about you?"
"Ari." I smiled a bit.
"...Are you okay?" he asked me as we started walking.
"Mhmm. I'm just not in a good mood really."
"How come?"
"I don't think I could tell you all that..." I said not wanting to ramble on about Taemin.
"Will it make you upset if you do?"
"Most likely." I sighed.
He smiled at me and hugged me a little tighter under his arm allowing me to take in his manly smell.
"Hey, if anything it might actually make you feel better to talk to me."
We finally reached my house and we stood by my door with the umbrella over us both.
"I know we just met and all but I want you to text me okay?"
"Huh?"
He pulled out a sharpie and wrote numbers on my arm.
"I'm expecting a text from you princess. I wanna know you better so tell me what's making you sad so I can make you smile tomorrow."
"Tomorrow?"
"Yeah. Let's go on a date okay?" he grinned at me.
His smile was so beautiful that I couldn't say no. And for some reason, I didn't want to. I wanted to see him again.
"Okay Namjoon." I smiled for the first time in months.
"It's a date. Bring that smile." he told me before leaving me with a thumping heart.

***
"Key Oppa, Is it okay if we reschedule? I actually have plans." I called Kibum after I got inside.
"What plans?" he asked.

I started to tell him what happened and he immediately yelled into the phone. 

"MY CHERRY BLOSSOM LITTLE SISTER IS FINALLY HAPPY AGAIN!!"

I laughed and my heart felt so lifted at this moment. A cute boy asked me on a date and Key was just being his silly self making me laugh.
"I think this is very good for you Ari even though I'll feel bad for Taeminnie."
"Why?" I asked curiously.
"Cause he just talks about you all the time and how much he's hurt. I don't think I've seen him smile since you two broke up."
Then I started to feel bad again. Poor Taemin. All I can do is feel sorry for what I did... But all I can do is try to forget him and move on so I can't hurt him anymore.

***
I talked to Namjoon last night and it felt nice to tell someone I barley knew about my problems, honestly. He listened well and he did his best to help me out. He invited me out to a small cafe so we can eat together and talk to one another while getting to become more acquainted. I saw him inside and walked in nervously. He saw me and stood up from his chair.

"Hi Nam-"
"Shh." He hushed me.
I raised an eyebrow confused at him.
"Don't say a word. Just smile for me." He grinned.
Just saying that, he made me smile.
"There we go. As beautiful as a butterfly." he commented.

Namjoon was very sweet and he knew what to say to take my mind off of you know who. It felt kinda nice being with him. We stayed at the small cafe for an hour just talking about things. Namjoon was really funny and he was super smart too! I found out he was ranked in the top percentage of the whole nation! That's incredible! I was so impressed with him that I started to feel myself fall a little bit with each passing second. I starting to think, was this even really possible? Was I actually getting over Taemin?

"How about we go somewhere else?" he suddenly suggested.
"Like where?"
"Let's go to the park around the corner."
"Sure! Sounds nice."
"Alright then Miss Butterfly."
I smiled at him.
"Gaja!" He smiled brightly and grabbed my hand.
I looked down and noticed he intertwined our fingers.
"Namjoon-ah..."
"I won't let go of you Ari. If I do you might fly away." he chuckled.
"So this will make sure you'll stay by my side."

I froze and my chest was pounding with excitement. I didn't know what to say. But he made me happy and I didn't wanna leave his side.

We started walking down the street to go to the park when I looked over across the street and Taemin was walking in the opposite direction. Its as if from then on everything was in slow motion. Taemin looked over and saw me holding Namjoon's hand. He looked at me, looked away, and continued walking. Taemin ah...what are you thinking? Do you hate me yet? Can you let me go and be happy yet?...

***
Taemin POV:

I saw her.
She was holding some guy's hand.

I didn't know what to do so I looked away when I saw that she had saw me too. I felt a tear peak through my eyelid but I didn't dare let it drop. I dropped my head and continued walking."Taemin ah!"
I looked up and I saw the person I came out to meet.
"Hi Naeun." I said softly.
"Oppa? Are you okay?"
"...Ne. I'm alright." I said giving her a small smile.
"Alright let's go then!" she smiled brightly like always. She kissed my cheek before taking my hand and walking with me.
Has she moved on now? Does she hate me now? At least now with that guy...she won't cry anymore...