<7. Possible Breakup?>

I walked out of Minho's room and into the living room where everyone else was. Everyone started at me like I had murdered someone.
"Mwo?" I asked.
"Nothing." Jonghyun said with a slight smirk to his face. What was going on? And who closed the door to Minho's room while kissed? Did someone see?? I really hope no one did especially Taemin. I looked to him and he was the only one who wasn't looking at me. What's with everyone today? Feeling akward I felt like I should probably go home.
"I think I should go. Thank you for letting me stay the night. Bye guys." I said grabbing my shoes and leaving quickly as they all watched me go. As soon as I left I decided to go over my best friend Emma's house. I haven't seen her in a few days and I think I definately need someone to talk to right now. But wait...dammit I have no way to get there! Well what do I do? I have no way how to get to her house from here. Maybe if I just type in her a dress on my phone and see how long it'll take me to walk there....what? 30 minutes!? It'll take me a long time to get to her house by foot. Now what?
"Ari!"
I heard a voice calling my name from behind me. I turned around and Taemin was there. I was suddenly nervous cause when I came out of Minho's room he was the only one who didn't even give me a glance. Was he upset with me?
"Do you need a ride home?" He asked me.
"Oh can you?? I really don't know my way from here." I laughed nervously.
He nodded silently and waved a hand for me to follow him to his car. I quickly but timidly followed him. I got in the car and buckled up but he never started the car. He just stared down at his lap.
"Oppa? You okay?" I asked him.
"Where do you live?" He asked me ignoring my question.
"Um...here lemme just give you my address in the GPS. I don't really know my way around here." I nervously laughed again.
He nodded and I set it all up for him. After that akward moment he started driving me home. But he didn't say a word to me. I felt so weird. It was the longest 10 minutes of my life. Why wasn't he talking to me? Did I do something wrong? Or maybe he's upset about something else? Maybe Yewon? I was hesitant to ask so I stayed silent. Their relationship isn't any of my business anyway. When we got to my apartment I unclicked my seatbelt and let out a small sigh.
"Um thank you. I'll see you around."
He didn't say anything. I was so confused. I looked at him and he wasn't looking back. Why wasn't he talking to me? The more he stayed silent the more I wanted to cry. I felt the tears starting to form and before he could see me cry I ran out the car and inside my apartment not looking back.

I got inside quickly and locked the door. I ran into my bedroom, sailed onto my bed, and the tears came out. I couldn't control myself. Do I really love him so much to cry this much? And just after he had smiled at me earlier and told me everything was gonna be okay. Does he hate me or something? Have I done something wrong? Many questions followed through my head and I was extremely confused. I wish he would just tell me what I did. But then why did he offer me a ride home? I don't even know anymore. I just sat there and cried for a bit. Maybe I can call Emma here instead of going there. I don't feel like getting up and out. I texted her to come over so I could tell her about what happened. She immediately agreed and was on her way. As I waited I decided to calm myself down with some food. Cause that's a girl's best friend. Well at least my best friend. I went to the kitchen and found some sweets to snack on so I smashed on those brownies. Suddenly my phone began ringing. Hoping it was Taemin I picked it up so fast I almot dropped it. But it wasn't him. It was Minho. I was a bit saddened but happy he was thinking of me to call me. I picked it up and tried my best to sound happy.
"Hey Minho!" I smiled while speaking.
"How come you left Ari? You didn't even tell me goodbye." He sounded sad.
"Oh I'm sorry. I just...I felt like I should leave so I just left. To be honest I wanted to get out of there as fast as possible."
"Cause of me??"
"Ani ani! Of course not. I just felt a bit...I just felt sick all of a sudden so I went home." I lied.
"Oh well I hope you feel better Ari. If you need anything I can bring it to you."
I smiled thinking of how sweet Minho was being even after I had hurt him a bit.
"Thank you but I'm alright. I have one of my friends coming over right now. But if I need anything I'll come to you." I smiled.
"Alright. Well I'll see you at school on Monday then? That is if you feel better by then."
"I'll be alright. I'll see you soon."
And with that we hung up. To be honest Minho made me feel a little better.

After a few minutes Emma showed up at my door and enveloped me in a hug. It felt nice to be huge by someone who wanted to be there for me no mate what.
"What's wrong? What happened??" She asked quickly. I quickly met her in and we sat in the kitchen. I told her everything that happened with Taemin and Minho. She listened carefully and interrupted me to comment a few times but it's okay cause it was a bit funny.
"So all of a sudden now he didn't talking to me. He didn't even say anything when he drive me back here."
"Ari why would he drive you home of he hated you?"
I shrugged.
"He doesn't hate you. Maybe he's got stuff goin on with Yewon."
"You see that's what I thought cause she called him today but he ignored her call and told me he didn't feel like talking to her."
"See maybe he's just feeling a bit down so he definately doesn't hate you. Don't be stupid." She flicked my forhead lightly.
"Ow!"
"That's how you know I care." She responded.
"I mean I guess."
"You don't belive me??"
" I do! I do!"
"Mm. Okay" she smiled.
"Thank you listening." I thanked her.
"No problem. You and I are the only foreigners in this crazy college. We gotta stick together. I'll always be there."
I remembered the beginning of our journey when we met. We were the only two in the whole college who wasn't from Korea. I'm from Japan and she's from America. That's how we connected. I'm glad I met her when no one else bothered to know me just because I wasn't from here. She was always there for me when I needed something and I was there for her.
"Hey wanna hit up the park?" She asked getting up from her chair and grabbing her shoes.
"Yeah sure. What for?"
"Just to hang out. We can grab some icecream and then head on over. Sound cool?"
"Yea! Lemme get my shoes from my room."
After we had gotten ready Emma and I walked down to the ice cream shoppe and got ice cream together. Once we were set we headed let eating together. We told jokes and stories about our weekend until we finally reached the park. We sat down on a bench and took some selfies to post to social media. While she was bust typing up a hilarious caption, I looked over and saw two familiar people taking in the distance. I squinted thinking it would help and tried to see if I knew them. Suddenly I realized it was Taemin and Yewon. Oh no! I have to leave!
"Um Emma we should go!" I said hasty.
"What? We just got here!" She said confused.
"Well I mean it may rain ya know? And the kids here look really stubborn and-"
"Ari! I know why you wanna leave I just saw them too. So what if he's here? His presence shouldn't affect YOUR good time. Now we came to chill so don't worry about him." She scolded me.
I let out a breath and agreed. But still couldn't look away. It still bothered me. I kept looking at them and I noticed not either of them let out a single smile. Was everything alright? Suddenly I saw Yewon cover her mouth. Is she crying? She burried herself into Taemin but he only wrapped one arm around her weakly. Then he let her go and walked away leaving her there alone.
"Ari!"
"Huh? What??" I turned quickly to Emma.
"Should we go to the other side of the park. You haven't taken your eyes off them since you saw them."
"....Yeah. I'll just...ignore him for now."
To be honest I lied when I said that. I was planning on calling Taemin later. I really wanna know if he's okay. Even if he may not want to talk to me right now I wanna be there for him. The more he stays away from me the more I ache. I still, regardless of where we stand, wanna be there to listen and comfort him. To think, maybe I could be the one to help him. To save him from whatever he goes through. I wanna be that friend.