<9. Masked Pianist>

The next day at school while walking in the halls all I could think about was what Taemin said to me before falling asleep. "I am being faithful to her." How? By being with me all the time? I'm so confused like how? Why? What? I walked into class and took my seat and waited for my professor to arrive. As I waited someone with a hoodie passed by my desk and slipped a piece of paper on my desk. I looked up in confusion but he had his face hidden and then walked out the classroom. I'm sorry first of all who said you could invade my class and put this paper on my desk area? Who are you? Thinking all this I slowly picked up the paper in my hands. I unraveled and read it eagerly.

"During lunch come to the music room"

Ummmm....what do I look like? This could be a rape attempt! I don't know who wrote this or why out of all places we would go to the music room like what the hell? The music room? But I decided in the end to see what was up. I tucked the paper into my bag and settled down when my professor finally came in. As he came in I saw someone sit next to me. I looked over seeing Key.
"Key? Since when are you in my class?" I asked confused.
"I just got switched in cause my other class was getting too big from transfer students. Why couldn't they go somewhere else instead of me?" He complained.
"For real. But I'm so glad you're here! I have something to ask you."
"What is it?"
"I got this note from someone just now. I know it may be extremely stupid for me to ask you but do you recognize the handwriting?"
He held out his hand and I placed the paper in it. He examined the paper and I saw his eyes become slightly bigger but go back to normal quickly. It was so quick that I don't even know if I imagined it or not.
"Mwo? Do you recognize it?"
"Ahh...ani ani. I was just surprised by what it said."
"Oh. Well thanks anyway. Should I go?" I asked.
"If you wanna." He shrugged.
I thought it over one more time and stuck with my original thought to go.

Just as the note said, when the bell rang for lunch I walked my way around campus to find the music room. I walked slowly because I was nervous but I was just aching to know who it was but I didn't wanna get there before he did. Suddenly I ran into Emma.
"There you are! Where are you going?" She asked me.
"Oh um I need to speak with a teacher about an essay due next week. I'll meet you by our normal spot in a few okay?"
"Ok but don't take long." She smiled and was on her way.
I took a break knowing I was getting closer to the room. When I approached it I slowly opened the door and peeped inside. I walked in and shut the door behind me. "Hello?"
I asked for a presence which was probably really stupid. I walked small steps further into the room when suddenly I heard music playing. The piano was playing. But by who? I looked over to try and see who it was. I jogged over to the piano and stopped when I finally saw him. But not really. He was wearing a white mask with no face. It was kinda scary but with the song he was playing it made it less scary. I recognized the song. It was The River Flows In You. It was my favorite song on piano. I walked toward him carefully and watched his manly fingers. When the song ended he looked at me. I couldn't say anything. He stood up suddenly and walked over to me. Since his mask had no face I was extremely curious on who he was. And he was dressed really nicely. Who is this? He stopped infront of me and held out his hand. What do I do? I slowly reached out my hand and took his. His hands were big and soft. Warm and inviting. He lead me over to the window and on the window was a piece of paper taped to it. He pointed to it directing me to take it. I took it down and read it aloud.
"Can you guess who I am?"
I looked to him. I can't even get a hint? Damn... I have no clue. He then used his index finger and spun it in a circle motion.
"Turn it over?" I asked.
He nodded.
"Meet me here everyday at lunch and I'll play for you. If you can guess who I am, I'll reward you."
My heart was beating so fast. What do I do now? He raised his hand and patted my head. A familiar feeling. He then turned and left. But after he opened the door, before walking out, he took off the mask, not facing me, and then walked away. All I was able to see was the back of his head. Wow... I looked at the paper in my hand. Guess who he is huh?

I walked over to the table where Emma and I would normally sit but she wasn't there. Well shit. This hoe deserted me. Now what?
"Ari!" I heard someone call me.
I turned around seeing Minho.
"Minho! Hey!" I smiled happy to see him.
"What are you doing alone?" He asked me.
"My friend isn't here so I'm just all alone in the world I guess." I laughed a bit.
"Come you can eat with me."
"Awe thanks! Let's get there quick so I can eat!"
Minho laughed and patted my head. Could he be...was he the one? The other guy patted my head too. No way. It couldn't be. I shook off my thoughts and followed Minho to the others. When we got there I saw everyone else standing there too. I smiled and greeted them all with hugs.
"Where has you been Ari?" Taemin asked me.
"Uhh I was just walking. Just walking around ya know?" I said trying not to sound suspect.
"You can't stay away from me for too long okay?" He said bringing me into a hug.
"Haha okay." I said quietly melting into his wonderous hug.
"Taemin-ah!" Someone called.
We all looked over and saw Yewon walking over with an expression I couldn't explain. Saddness? Worry? Depression? Taemin froze not knowing what to do. Yewon reached our group and we all stayed silent.
"Can we please get back together?" She said pulling on his arm.
Taemin looked to me. What? What do you want me to do?  Taemin slowly pulled his arm away.
"I can't. I'm with someone else." Taemin came over to me.
"Ari is my girlfriend."
-WHAT?!?