32. Guessing Game

I slumped on the bed and let out a long, dreadful sigh. I received a letter from college and didn't like what I read. We were on summer break and I was having a lot of fun with Taemin so far. We would go on dates, hang out with Jinki and Emma, we just moved in to our new house, and more. It was practically one of my best summers. But now I got this stupid letter.
"Jagi?"
I looked up and Taemin stood at the bedroom door.
"There you are! I was looking for you. What's wrong Ari?" He asked me walking to the bed and laying beside me.
"I got the letter from school." I said upset.
"Oh...me too. It's horrible isn't it."
"I know! How could this happen!? Why me huh?" I yelled with my arms stretched to the ceiling.
"Ari, we have to go back to school sometime." He laughed at me.
"Ok but I don't wanna!"
That's right. The letter I got was the date school would be starting up again. In one week I would go back for another year of studying nursing. I know Key would be in my class again but I wonder if anyone new is comming in.
"Well let's make this last week of summer a good one. And I know exactly how." Taemin said comming closer to me; grabbing my hips.
"Ohhh I see." I chuckled.
"Nice long naps." I said cuddling into his chest.
"You read my mind." He said kissing my forehead and hugging me closer. This was one of our favorite things to do. Napping is like the thing that rejuvenates my soul to get out and actually do things. Just having them with Taemin was more comforting. He made them better.

(Idunno if I had her studying anything before like if I wrote she studied something else earlier in the story but she's gonna be a nurse now cause I don't remember okay? 😂)

It's our last week before school starts up and we only have 3 days left. I haven't been able to see Taemin as much all of a sudden. He's been out and about doing whatever. What the heck is he doing? He's wasting our freedom! When he gets back I'll ask. I'm starting to get a bit mad. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I looked down at the coffee table and to the flowers and teddy bear. Taehyung... I wonder if we'll ever have another baby... Looking at Taehyung's flowers calmed me down. I started to think what it would be like if he was born. He would be a year old by now right? Or maybe a little less? I was only pregnant for a month so he would be almost one. I smiled thinking about Taemin and I with a one year old baby. My son Taehyung...
"Ari ah!" A voice rang from the garage door.
I guess I didn't hear the garage open since I was deep in thought. I quickly kissed my fingers and then placed them on the vase before getting up to Taemin.

"Taemin ah?" I said approaching him.
"What's wrong baby?" He asked looking concerned.
"I wanna ask you something."
"Wassup?"
We walked into the bedroom while I asked him.
"What have you been doing lately that's taking up all of your time?" I asked.
"What do you mean?"
"Well lately I noticed that all of a sudden I haven't been able to see you as much. We only have three days of summer left and I wanna spend it with you but you're busy." I said a bit saddened.
"I'm sorry Jagi." He apologized and hugged me. He placed a kiss on my forehead before smiling at me.
"I've just been working extra hours."
"What? Why are you working extra hours all of a sudden?"
Something's not right? Why is he working extra hours?
"I asked for them. Just extra money." He explained.
"Oh...well okay then." I said not really getting it. Extra money for what?
"Okay!" I yelled.
"From now on imma guess what you need extra money for." I stated determined.
He gently laughed at me and pinched my nose.
"You'll never guess."
"Idunno I think I'm a pretty good guesser." I argued.
"Okay I mean I think you're crazy but say what you need to honey."
This little shit. I WILL guess what he needs to buy with "extra money". I should beat him up for doubting me.
"I should hurt you." I said to him.
"Then hurt me." He took a step closer to me.
I took his nose between my pointer and middle finger and squeezed as hard as I could while wiggling it.
"Yah yah yah!!" He yelled trying to break free.
"Yah! Lee Taemin! Do you take it back?"
"Arasso! Mianhae!" He apologized.
"I accept." I smiled and let go of his nose.
"Aish! You're a difficult one." He said.
"I know. But you love me soo..."
I smiled with a small blush. Taemin grinned at me and gave a kiss.
"I know. I love you more than anything Ari." He said kissing me again.
"Oppa?"
"Hm?"
"Are you wearing cherry chapstick?" I laughed.
"Idunno wanna confirm it?"
"STOP IT!"

***
It's our last day before summer ends and school starts again. I let out a groan. I really didn't want summer to end. PLUS! I'm still tryna think about why Taemin would ask for extra hours at his job. What does he possibly need extra money for? What does he need? I looked at him as he watched the tv screen.
"A new car?" I said.
He looked at me and shook his head.
"Try again." He chuckled.
"Ummm...a new....pair of sneakers?"
"No."
"Is someone's birthday comming up?"
"No." He said again.
"Ugh! I'll get it sometime." I said laying back on the couch.
"You know what I think?" Taemin spoke up.
"What? What do you think pretty boy?" I said with attitude.
"I think you won't get it until you see it." He answered smugly.
What did he mean by that?