<8. Taemin Visits>

After I hung out with Emma at the park I went home and lay on my bed just staring at my phone. I wasn't playing a game. I wasn't scrolling through social media. I was just staring at it. Should I call him to ask of he's okay? Should I ask what happened? Or should I stay out of his business and let him handle it? I was so confused on what to do because he didn't talk to me all day, I sighed and left my room and went to take a shower since I had to go to school tomorrow. While I washed my hair I closed my eyes and started thinking deep thoughts again. I replayed the scene in my mind; when I saw Taemin and Yewon and she was crying. Then he left her alone. Did they really break up or am I imagining things? Maybe I'm worrying about this so much because I...want them to break up, I can't lie. I want to be with Taemin. I'm in love with him... It's hard for me to even say this in my head because I'm a bit ashamed for having fallen for him in the first place. My heart feels like it's aching all the time. Suddenly a boost of confidence came out of nowhere and I picked up my phone. I knew that if I didn't do this now, my confidence would go away so there was no time to think. I opened my contacts and clicked his name. Putting the phone to my ear, I waited.
.....
...
"Hello?"
Oh shit I can't do this!
As soon as he answered the phone my confidence went away and my heart sank. What do I do?? I shouldn't have done this!
"Hello? Ari?"
Well I have to say something now. I can't stall any longer.
"H-hello? Taemin?"
"Hi. You took a while."
"Y-yeah, sorry. I uh, wanted to ask you...about something."
"Hm? What is it?"
I took a deep breath and gathered my thoughts.
"Do you....d-do you...hate me?"
....
Taemin was quiet. It scared me. Was his silence a yes? Did he really hate me? Maybe since I asked-
"Hahahahaha!!"
"Huh? Wae?" I asked quickly confused by his sudden laughter. What the hell, answer me you fool!
"No way! I don't hate you! What made you think that?"
"You jerk!" I yelled.
"What? Why are you upset?"
I quickly hung up because I felt tears coming from my eyes. How could he make me feel this way! Making me cry over him! How could he ignore me! Not talk to me! Had me thinking I was someone he hated! Was he playing a trick on me? Well it's not funny! Joking around like that to a girl who's in love with you! I slammed my phone on my bed and tried to call down my thoughts. He made me worry so much how could I not be mad?

Around dinner time I was making myself some Japanese food. It made me feel at home. I'm not used to Korean food yet and I always make Japanese to make me feel like I've been in Japan this whole time. It feels nice. I poured the miso soup into my bowl and had a separate smaller bowl for my rice. Before I could even eat I heard a knock at the door. It was a rather hasty knock now that I mention it. Maybe it's Emma? To make sure I'm alright? I walked to the door and opened it carefully looking out the small crack at the door.
"Hello?" I spoke through the door since I wasn't really "properly" dressed. I only had on a teeshirt since I don't have time for pants at home ya know. I'm tryna be comfortable.
"Ari? It's Taemin."
What?? What's he doing here!?"
"Umm what are you doing here??" I asked shocked.
"I wanted to apologize for making you angry."
Ohh...well I don't want to be on bad terms with the guy I love.
"Um did you want to come in?"
"Is that alright?"
"Mm! Come in."
I opened the door all the way and let him in. It was okay since I remembered he saw me in only a teeshirt before. I offered him a seat at my kitchen table and sat down next to him. I felt akward for a moment but then relaxed.
"Um, I wanted to say I'm sorry for making you upset with me. Even though I don't know why you were upset. But I don't want you to be mad at me."
"You don't know why?" I spoke kinda rudely.
"N-no..."
"You ignored me yesterday. You wouldn't look at me, you wouldn't talk to me, you made me think that you hated me. I cried about it a lot...." I said embarrassed.
"You cried??"
I nodded.
Taemin stood up and took my hand making me stand up with him. Suddenly he enveloped me in the warmest hug I've ever received from a man. Mostly because men never hugged me cause I guess I'm extremely unlikable. Then again his friends have hugged me....but not like this. I didn't react quickly because I was engrossed in his arms. Slowly I wrapped my arms around his body too. This wasn't the first time I hugged Taemin, but I would consider this the first real hug.
"I'm sorry. I'm going through a lot right now and I haven't really been talking to anyone. I've been a bit down lately." He explained.
So is it really a problems with Yewon like I expected? Should I ask?
"Um, may I ask why you're feeling so down?" I asked pulling away.
"Idunno if you would wanna be listening to my problems all the time." He chuckled.
"No! I wanna be the one you come to when your upset. I wanna be the one to comfort you. To save you from your sorrow. Please let me be that person..." I begged looking up at him with big eyes and holding his hand.
Taemin smiled and patted my head. He placed his forehead on mine. I could smell his scent steaming off him. And his hair smelled freshly washed. I could feel the warmth of his skin. My heart...was trembling.
"Thank you." He kissed my forehead.