<10. Permission To Date>

We all stood there confused as hell. Why are you here? Who are you? What are you? What is your purpose? My scrambled mind asked all these mean questions but at the moment I didn't care because this was like a moment of life and death for me. Shall I let her live? Or not? Decisions decisions... The fact she came over asking Taemin to take her back right infront of us all, why did she not do that when her and Taemin would be alone? Comming out of nowhere and blurting it out like that, it seems weird. But then I remembered he had told her I was his girlfriend. ME! ARI! His girlfriend!! The same girl she had only just met and thought was dating Minho. She probably hates me now... Not that I care. *hair flip*
"Huh?" She finally spoke up after a long silence between all 7 of us.
"Ari? I thought you and Minho...but you..."
"We weren't dating." Minho spoke up as he looked to the side and stuck his lollipop back into his mouth after he was done speaking.  I low key felt bad he had to say something about that.
"So...when did this happen?" Yewon asked.
"That's none of your business." Taemin answered.
This kind and sweet boy had a bad boy attitude all of a sudden.
"You don't have to be rude!" Yewon snapped.
"You didn't have to cheat!" Taemin yelled letting me go and stepping up in anger.
What!? She cheated on him? He just told me she wasn't paying enough attention to him. He lied!? She cheated!? Where's my popcorn?? Ok that was mean I'll stop.
"Woah woah ok that's enough." Jinki stepped in and separated the two.
"That's not something to talk about around others." He said looking at Taemin.
Taemin stayed silent. He suddenly turned around and started walking away.
"Taemin-ah!" Key called trying to get him to come back but he didn't stop.
Without thinking. My feet began moving and I was running after him towards the building.

"Taemin!" I called after him.
He stopped right before he walked inside. He stopped for my voice but not Key's. I wondered about that. I finally caught up to him and grabbed his shoulder, turning him to face me.
"Hey! How come you didn't tell me the truth?"
"About what?"
"You told me she just wasn't giving you love you deserved. You never told me she cheated."
"It's the same thing isn't it? She didn't give me the love I deserved as her boyfriend! So I didn't lie."
"Hey."
I took his wrist and then his hand in my own.
"It's alright. Please don't be angry. I don't like to see someone I love angry." I said.
Taemin shot his head up at me.
"Love?"
Dammit my big mouth!
"Uh...yeah! You're my friend and I love you ya know?" I played off. He seemed a bit upset when I said that. But I couldn't figure out why.
"Oh yeah. Thanks Ari."
"No problem."
He pulled me into a hug and rested his chin in my neck.
"Please just let me stay like this for a while..." He whispered.
I smiled and wrapped my arms around his back.
"Stay as long as you need to."
We stood like that for a while until the bell had rang. I walked with him to class and told him we could meet after school. I wanted to be there for him today. To make him happy.

After class I was walking outside and I searched around for Taemin to walk with him. Suddenly as I wasn't paying attention I bumped into someone. It was Yewon. Oh shit. Is she still mad? But she shouldn't be. Taemin and I aren't even dating.
"Watch it." She said passing by.
Ummmm....PAUSE. Don't be rude bitch! Ok no don't be mean Ari.
"Yewon!" I called.
She stopped and turned to me. I walked up to her to tell her the truth.
"Look you need to know the truth."
"Didn't I already learn it earlier?" She said annoyed.
"No Taemin lied."
She blinked a few times and she seemed interested all of a sudden.
"He did? About what?" She asked.
"We aren't dating. He just said that to make you mad I guess. But I didn't say anything because your business with him isn't any if my concern so I decided to stay out of it."
Yewon looked at me a bit relieved. I just really hope she doesn't hate me even though I'm mean as hell to her in my thoughts. But she doesn't know that so it's okay.
"It's okay if you date him..." She said quietly but loud enough for me to hear.
"What? Pardon!?" I said shocked at her words.
"I said you can date him. Ever since you came along he's been so interested in you. I knew he's probably liked you for a while. I felt so upset that...I made the mistake of cheating on him. I shouldn't have but I did. I figured if he liked someone else then he wouldn't be so mad about it."
"No Yewon. He obviously still loves you if he's mad about it." I said kinda regretting it because I wanted to believe what she said about him liking me.
"Yeah but all of his feelings aren't for me alone. He likes you too. So if you want to, you can date him."
What am I supposed to say? I can't just smile and agree. I feel like that's wrong because they just got out of their relationship. What do I do?
"A-are you sure? I don't wanna ruin your relationship."
"What relationship? It's over now." She laughed a bit. Seeing her laugh made me ease up a bit.
"Well, thanks for telling me Ari. I really appreciate it. Not many people are like you." She smiled.
"Thank you. So are we still friends?" I asked.
She smiled and nodded.
"Yeah. We're friends."
"Good." I smiled back.
And with that she turned on her heel and walked away as I thought about what she said. She officially gave me and Taemin permission to date. Should I really accept that?

"Hey Ari!"
I was walking around after my talk with Yewon and heard someone call me. It was Taemin with the other 4 behind him.
"You wanna come to our dorm to hang out for a while?" He asked me.
"Is that really okay?" I asked.
"Ari if you don't get in the car." Key said with a diva attitude.
"Haha! Okay I'll go."
Taemin smiled and wrapped an arm around me. We walked to the car just like that.
As we got to the parking lot I recognized Minho's car. I guess he was driving. But there's one problem.
"But wait. There's only 5 seats and 6 of us. I won't fit." I said.
"You can sit on my lap." Taemin smirked at me.
Oh ma gawd...OH MA GAWD! SHIT! *army rolls on ground* •fangirls like crazy* *has a seizure*
"Mwo!? Is that alright!? You sure!? Like are you super sure!? Like are you-"
"Ari I said it's okay." He laughed at me.
"Mmm...I guess so." I said nervously.
I watched as everyone got in the car one by one. Taemin finally got in last and then held out his arms.
"Come on jagiya!" He gave a cute eye smile.
"Jagiya!?" I yelled.
"Taemin stop messing with her." Jonghyun chuckled.
"I'm not kidding though." Taemin argued.
I wanna take this moment to thank Jesus for sending me a gift of the heavens. I wanna thank my momma for my good looks so that I can be attractive enough for someone like Taemin to even talk to me. And I wanna thank my genes for being fire as fuck. Amen.
"Well you commin?" Taemin said patting his lap.
I nodded and quickly got on his lap. I felt his arms wrap around my waist and his hands rested on my stomach.
"You comfortable?" I heard him ask me.
"Mhmm.." I mumbled unable to speak.
"Look at her blushing." Jonghyun smiled poking my cheek.
"Ani!" I yelled pushing his hand away.
"It's just hot today! No one's blushing." I retorted.
"Ah she's cute." Jonghyun said.
....boy if you don't...

Alone the way to their dorm we all had pleasant conversation. We talked about what happened in our classes, what plans we had for the upcoming summer, and all that.
"Hey Ari?" Jinki, who was in the front passanger seat, called me.
"Ne?"
"You have social media huh?"
"Yeah! Here lemme show you mine so you can follow me."
I leaned over to Jinki and ajusted myself on Taemin's lap. As I was typing in my user name on Jinki's phone I heard laugher behind me. What was wrong? I turned my head but not my body to look at Taemin, Jonghyun, and Key.
"What's so damn funny?" I asked.
I looked at Taemin who's face was cherry red. Was he blushing? Why?
"Nothing." Key said looking out the window with a small smile.
"It's just that Taeminnie has changed." Jonghyun said causing Key to laugh and himself with him.
"Hey come one guys stop!" Taemin begged.
I was so confused. Wtf is even happening . Suddenly I felt something poke my butt. Holy shit bro...no way...oh ma gawd...my life...my ENTIRE life! Is that...
"Oppa..." I said surprised.
Taemin didn't look at me. I felt bad at how embarrassed he was so I pretended not to notice.
"Hey come one guys leave him alone. Nothing's that serious." I scolded them and turned back to Jinki.
When we arrived at the dorm we all got out and Taemin was very quiet. Was it because of what happened in the car? Dude I feel so bad! But it's pretty funny though. We all walked inside and put our bags down by the door. I immediately, with no shame, ran to the kitchen.
"Where are you going Ari?" Taemin asked me.
"To invade your fridge."
"So you're just gonna steal our food?" Minho laughed.
"Uh yeah. I'm about to be a regular visitor guys cause a bitch doesn't have any food in her own house." I said taking out a pizza box. I heard them all laugh and it made my heart warm. Awe! They think I'm funny. It's true though I'm hilarious. I took out a slice and then joined them all on the couch. I plopped down next to Taemin and lifted my legs over Key's knees.
"Yah!" Key exclaimed.
"What?" I asked smiling.
He pointed to my legs.
"I know they're amazing aren't they?" I laughed afterwards.
Key looked at me for a moment but ended smiling as he patted my legs.
"We should play a game." Taemin suggested.
"What game?" I asked.
"Truth or dare."
We all looked at eachother and to be honest I was a bit nervous. Truth or dare was never a really good game for me. Something always happened.
"Idunno." I said timidly.
"Come one Ari please!!" Taemin begged with his big cute eyes.
I smiled as my heart leapt out of my chest.
"Okay."
Something better not happen either.