Chapter 1

*Peter Pan is NOT Rumple's father in this story*

"Looks like I'm winning Pan."

"Not quite Amanda. Don't you know? Peter Pan never fails."

~~~

Amanda's POV

Standing behind bars isn't exactly how I pictured my relaxing afternoon to be. I just can't believe I'm stuck here in this prison; it's honestly very stupid in all aspects. Okay, maybe not all aspects since I do possess unnatural abilities, but why can't people simply accept the concept of powers? It's not like I asked for them. After all, being born with supernatural powers is not as magical as it sounds.  You have to live knowing that you're different from everyone else and that no one will fully understand you. If I was a normal and average human being, I wouldn't be in this tough situation in the first place.

I don't even use my powers that often; rarely at all. However, I had no other choice but to put them to use earlier today. All I wanted was to have a relaxing afternoon, starting off by taking a pleasant stroll in my small town Storybrooke. That surely didn't last long when I was being pulled into an alley way by three muscular men.  The three were all very tall and frightening; their image practically screamed 'danger zone'.  My powers were much needed at the time.

When one of the men snatched me by the arm, I pushed him away with all my strength only without laying a finger on him him.  All I had to do was extend my arm forward and the man flew away, his head hitting a brick wall.  There, he laid unconscious.  The other two men were dumb enough to still attack me even though they saw what I was capable of.

Being the nice person I was, I decided not to use physical violence as my defense.  Instead, when the two men came darting towards me, I jumped high over them, landing about fifteen feet across from where they were standing.  I think that's when they got the message of leaving me alone because they quickly ran away when I evilly glared at the both of them.

I felt somewhat proud of myself, but not until I realized my neighbor and some other random strangers had witnessed everything. They saw me using my powers. The powers I wanted to keep hidden for a reason. 

My massive secret was now revealed.

I didn't know what to do at that point so I just ran straight home, but then thirty minutes later, guards showed up at my front door.  I remember the guards forcefully grabbing both of my arms as we headed out the door.  When I glanced behind me, my mother was standing in the doorway looking at me in so much confusion.  From there, the guards took me to this police department and put me into the cell where I'm in right now.

Living in a small village means that news spreads quickly, meaning that everyone has found out about my powers by now.  This was evident when a large crowd was heard from outside the department.  They were all debating about me and my powers.  I could hear different voices crying out, "She is a threat!" or "We can't trust her!" and all different types of nonsense.  My ears also picked up the voices of my friends that joined the rant.  That's what I've been hearing for the last five hours.

Tired; that's all I felt.  Tired of all the voices and unnecessary drama.  For my whole life, I've never been seen as a threat or as an irresponsible person in this town. Now that I have these powers, this suddenly changes everything according to everyone, which is frankly quite dumb. It's sickening how people I once thought were my friends believe I would use my powers for some evil doing. 

I wish I can just disappear.

Then all of a sudden, my mom had entered the police department.

And no, she isn't my real mom.  She adopted me right when I was eight years old.  Ever since the day she adopted me, she has made a happier person.  I feel loved and wanted.  She used to defend me when kids at school would bully me because they knew I was adopted.  In return, my mom reported all of them to the principal.