Chapter 2

Trailer #2 is above! Now onto the story...

~~~

Checking the clock, it was close to 4:30 pm, which is the time I'm supposed to get on the ship. The only emotion I felt was frustration. Why couldn't I be a normal teenager? Why me? How did I even get these powers? Did one of my real parents have powers? Who knows. All I know is that I am now going to be an orphan, again. Being an orphan is simply dreadful. I really thought I have found a good home and now, I'm back at the start.

I still remained in my corner, with my head leaning against the wall. Bringing my head up, two guards were approaching my cell.

"It's time." One guard said.

The guard unlocks and opens the cell. I have the urge to run away, but that will probably make things worse.  I slowly got up from my spot and exited the cell. The two guards stood right by my side as we were walking to exit the department. When we finally stepped out, everyone was seen.  The whole crowd was full on staring at me.

Everyone's expressions either showed fear or showed displeasure. Mothers were hiding their kids behind their backs. Glancing to my right, I saw my so-called friends.  They both looked disgusted by me. It made me feel sick. I felt like some sort of disease that everyone tried to stay away from. The guards and I were still walking through the crowd of people as we were heading to the dock.

Squinting my eyes, I saw that we were getting closer to the large, old ship.  It reminded me of a pirate ship, but all I could really think about was my mother. Well, I don't know if I should even call her a mother now.  She betrayed me, but flashbacks of her caring for me repeated in my head.  The times where she made me feel loved.  After a couple paces, we made it to the dock and the ship was right in front of me.

All of a sudden, my eyes began to water.  A tear ran down on my face as I made my way up to the main deck of the ship.  Once I made it, I went straight to the corner of the ship and just laid there for a few minutes.  When I felt the ship move, I stood up and my eyes met with my mother's from afar.  She was standing at the dock with her arms crossed.  She held a look of sorrow.  She was in tears, but I knew it meant nothing.  I couldn't stare at her for long, so I turned around and went back to my little corner.

I felt so alone.  All I could do on the ship was watch all the other passengers get drunk, which wasn't a really pleasant thing to look at.  So far, I have been in my little corner for three hours so I'm guessing it's around 7:30 pm.  Okay Amanda, get it together.  I have to shake everything off.  I finally stood up and decided to get supper.

Once I got my supper, which was a bowl of porridge, I headed back to my corner.  Eating the hot porridge kept me warm because the weather was freezing cold.  My feet started to numb and soon, I could barely feel my body.  Looking up at the sky, the clouds were a dark grey.  I could sense it was about to rain, which would just make things worse.  The only clothes I had on was a thin shirt, a black cardigan,  black leggings and worn out shoes.

I needed to keep myself warm before I froze to death.  I walked around the deck, trying to find some kind of blanket and eventually found one.  The blanket was filthy, but I didn't care.  That's when it started to rain.  It started off as sprinkles, but then the rain became harder.  The rain was pouring heavily and the blanket didn't do much help afterwards.  Fuck it was cold, and windy.  The ship starts to rock back and forth, but a lot more than usual.

"Everyone hold on!" The captain screamed.

I held on to a nearby pole while the ship was shaking.  Taking a glimpse of the ocean, I saw the dark waves crashing into each other.  The harsh waves made the helmsman struggle to steer the ship.  I was currently freaking out.  This is a very powerful storm.  The storm became stronger and  the waves became harsher.  I held on to the pole with all my strength as a huge wave hovered over us. Water covers the deck.  Some passengers fall out of the ship but luckily, I was able to hold onto the pole.

The storm becomes stronger than ever. Lighting was seen in the sky and the clouds were darker than before.  Thunder was rumbling loudly.  Everyone on the ship was screaming and so far, six passengers have gone overboard.  I was scared.  This storm was deadly.  And I certainly didn't want to die, even though my life wasn't exactly the best.

A strong gust of wind strikes us and almost makes me fall off the ship.  Thankfully, my body met the edge of the ship, but I ended up seeing something very unusual and terrifying.  It was a whirlpool and it was a big one.  The whirlpool was taking us in.  Everyone cried out in horror as we all got taken in by the whirlpool.  Well, that's it.  I'm going to die.  I guess this is what I get.

That's when it happened.  I fell out of the ship and went into the water.

I attempt to stick my head out of the water, but it was a whirlpool.  There was no way I could defeat a whirlpool, not even with the power I had. I opened my eyes with blurry vision, seeing different bodies underwater and passengers struggling to swim.  I have more trouble breathing and I knew at that moment, I was going to die.  My vision then goes from a blur to black. 

All I could see was black.  I was definitely dead.  Even though I could think, I was dead.  That's the weird thing about death I guess.  You can think normally, but you can only see black.  I have no idea what's going on.  If I am dead, am I just floating around in the ocean?  Have I gotten rescued?  Is this all a dream?  Please let this be a dream.

But then something weird happens.  I start regaining my vision.  My vision goes from a blur, to clear vision.  I guess I wasn't dead.  I blinked continuously, trying to get a clearer image.  I opened my eyes and saw that I was no longer in the water. I was on land.

I laid in the sand. Raising my back, in front of me was some forest. But something seemed different about this forest. It seemed deadly.

Where am I?

A/N:  Peter Pan will be in the next chapter, as a heads up! Happy reading! Much love.
- K