Chapter 9

Peter Pan's POV

"Everything is uglier up close." 

This girl has one hell of a brain and heart.  But I know not everything is uglier up close. For example, Amanda. In fact, she looks even more better up close.  I couldn't help but smile at her for some reason.  I was now full on staring at her.  Amanda doesn't notice me stare through.  She was far too busy gazing at the view.

I also noticed another thing.  She called me Peter instead of Pan. I guess she was on her soft side because normally she calls me Pan because she despises me.  I actually have no idea why I allowed her to sit on my thinking tree.  This tree has always been my property, just for myself.  But, I suppose it was nice having some company.

~~~

The moon was out and Amanda and I were back in the camp with the lost boys. The boys were playing around as usual, I sat down on a log playing my pipes, and Amanda sat across from me. It looked like she was drawing. I gave her a notepad earlier to keep herself entertained, since she really isn't into celebrations.  Eyeing Amanda, she was incredibly focused as she was drawing.  It was a little cute how concentrated she was.

"Have you given her the necklace yet?" A voice broke my thoughts. I saw that Felix was next to me, waiting for an answer. I cursed under my breath. Shit I almost forgot about the necklace thing. I really do need to focus more on my plans instead of staring at Amanda.

"No.  God, I should've done it back when we were at my thinking tree." I quickly placed my hand over my mouth.  Damn it.  I have a stupid mouth.  I don't want my boys thinking I'm 'soft' for letting someone up my tree.

Felix widened his eyes in surprise.  "You let her up your thinking tree?"

"Yeah yeah."  I shoved the subject off.  I really don't want to talk about this, especially with Felix.

"You like her huh." Felix grinned in amusement.  Did Felix really just go there? He should know better than to ask such an absurd question.

"What! Of course not! Remember, I didn't bring her here to mingle." I admit, Amanda is pretty, but I can't possibly like her. I refuse to.

"If you say so Pan. Now when are you gonna give the necklace to her?"

I glanced at Amanda across from me. Maybe I should give the necklace to her now. That way I won't forget.  Plus, the earlier I give it to her, the earlier I get what I want. Power.

"Now."

I walked forward to Amanda and sit down next to her. Amanda continued drawing freely, even though I was right beside her. It seemed like she didn't mind, or that she didn't know I was there. She was too concentrated. I studied what Amanda was sketching. It was a sketch of Neverland--well a part of it. It was the view from my thinking tree. Everything was so precise in the drawing. It was beautiful.

"You could do better." I teased her.

"Shut up Pan." There it was. She called me Pan again, but I don't mind. 'Pan' makes me sound more powerful and dominant.

"You know that's impossible for me. Anyways, I have something for you."

"What is it?" Amanda dropped her pencil and closed her notepad to face me. I reached down my pocket and took out the necklace. The necklace that will consume all of Amanda's power. Every little bit of it. But of course, I can't tell her that. I have a brilliant excuse to use though.

"It's a necklace that will protect you." I lied.

"Protect me? How on earth is it gonna protect me?" She looked absolutely puzzled.