Chapter 28

"I know a lot more than you think okay!  Who do you think you are telling me who I can and cannot date?!  You are not my freakin father!" I screamed in his face and started walking in the opposite direction, heading back to the camp.

That's when I felt Alexander's strong grip hold onto my wrist, making me stop.  When I faced him, he didn't look angry, but he looked somewhat troubled.

Alexander let out a loud sigh and breathed out,

"But I am."

But I am?  But I am?  What is that supposed to mean??

"What the hell are you talking about Alexander?" I pulled my arm away from his grip, making me stumble back a little.

"Amanda." He said, motioning towards me. "Amanda, I am your father."

Father??  No no no.  He's lying.  He has to be.  Alexander said that my father's name was Scott and that they were friends.  But why would Alexander lie about such a thing?

"You are lying." I said though gritted teeth.

"Amanda I assure you, I am not lying." Alexander calmly stated. 

"Stop lying!  You are not my father!  Scott is!  You told me yourself!"  I shouted with rage and fear. And why fear?  Because I fear that Alexander might be telling me the truth. I fear that Alexander could actually be my father. But it's impossible...right? I mean, I remember from the dream I had, my father had buzz-cut hair.

It's called growing your hair out, Amanda.  

But still, Alexander has to be lying.  It just doesn't make sense.

"I lied. I made up Scott. Scott never existed. Everything that I told you about your father, was about me. The story I told you was my story." Alexander said genuinely. It really does sound like he is telling the truth. But why would Alexander make up 'Scott' in the first place?

"But why?  Why lie about Scott?" I approached him. 

"Because I didn't want you to know who your true father was. And once we became friends, I could never have the courage to tell you. Our relationship wouldn't be the same anymore.  I thought you wouldn't be able to handle it. I didn't think you would forgive me after I gave you away to that orphanage.  The thought of giving away my own daughter is awful."  I saw tears well up in Alexander's eyes as he spoke, but he managed to stand strong.

"Okay so you had a daughter.  But how are you so sure that I am your daughter?  How do I know for sure that this isn't some ridiculous joke?" I tested him.

"Well at first I didn't think you were my daughter. Yeah you had the same name, but I thought it was just a coincidence. But then I knew you were her once I saw birthmark.  Remember when we first met and I was so interested in your birthmark?" He asked and I nodded in response.

"Well the reason I was so interested was because my baby daughter had the exact same one.  From that moment on, I knew you were her. I-I just couldn't tell you. I was afraid." Alexander said as he wiped the single tear he had rolling down his face.

All I did was look at him, for I was dumbstruck with terror. Words couldn't escape my mouth as I was processing all of this in my head.  Alexander is my father.  My best friend was my father all along.  That's when I finally had the courage to speak up.

"W-why should I believe you?" I stuttered while backing up slowly. Alexander groaned in deep frustration. His face showed a look of remorse and affliction. Alexander suddenly stomped towards me and placed his hands on my shoulders with a slightly tight grip.

"You just have to okay!  I am your father and I love you!  Don't you realize how protective I am?  That is because I care about you as a father and a best friend."  He cried out.

I was nothing but stunned by his words. That's when I officially knew, Alexander was telling the truth.  He really is my father.

Alexander loosened his grip on my shoulders and asked in his softest tone, "So do you believe me now, Amanda?"

I nodded my head in a fast motion and instantly hugged him.  "Yeah." I whispered as tears were rolling down my face.  Not tears of sadness, but tears of happiness.  He really does care.  When I thought I would never see my father again, I was now in his arms.  Miracles can happen I suppose.

"Hey you know what I realized just now?" I asked Alexander, still hugging him with my head resting on his chest. 

"What?"

"You never told me what your last name is." I told him, finally pulling away from the comforting hug.  And it was true.  Alexander has never told me his last name.  All I know is that his last name starts with the letter "P", since I remember his initials are A.P.

"Parker.  Alexander Parker." He answered.

"So if your my father, that means I'm supposed to have your last name." I pointed out.

"Hm.  Amanda Parker.  I like it." Alexander smiled at the thought of it.

"I like it too."

We continued the day finding the wildflower that Peter sent us to find. When we finally spotted it, Alexander ran to the bush of large, purple wildflowers and picked two of them.  I noticed how magical and beautiful they looked.  But I still couldn't help but wonder why Peter needed the flowers for.  Alexander also mentioned that Peter needed more things.  But why?

"Hey Alexander, why does Pan need the wildflower for?"

"It's one of the ingredients he needs." He answered.

"Ingredients?  Ingredients for what?"

Alexander sighed and whispered into my ear, "You didn't hear it from me, but Pan is trying to create a cure."

"A cure for what?"

"To save you."

*~*~*~*~*

"What do you think your doing, Peter?"

After Alexander and I got the two wildflowers, we went back to camp. Once we entered the camp, I went straight to Peter's tree house so I can find out on what exactly he is planning. Peter can't possibly be making a cure to save me. Probably casting some evil spell. Now here I am talking to Peter in the living room, and he was just being his annoying self.

"Whatever do you mean Amanda?" He questioned, pulling off a dumb act.

"I mean...what are you doing with all the ingredients?  Casting an evil spell?" I replied, irritated by his attitude.

"Is that what you think now?" A smirk crept on his face. He really needs to stop smirking, it's driving me crazy....both the good and bad kind, but mostly bad.

"Yes that is what I think." I crossed my arms.

"Well just to let you know, I'm not casting some evil spell.  I'm creating a cure."  Peter stated smoothly and I rolled my eyes.  Alexander can't be serious about the whole 'cure that will save me' thing.  Right?

"Cure for what exactly?"

"For you of course." Peter responded so simply. It was like Peter expected me to know the answer already. But why would Peter waste his time to make a cure for me? He doesn't care.  He never did. 

I scoffed in disbelief. "Mhm sure.  Well while you work on your cure, I'm gonna go get ready for my date."

I saw Peter's expression darken once I said the word 'date.'  To avoid creating a scene or starting a racket, I began walking to my bedroom, until Peter stopped me with his words.

"I'd be careful if I were you Amanda."

A/N: So Alexander is Amanda's father! Some of you probably saw it coming though. And sorry if this chapter sucks, I'm trying my best to make things entertaining and worth reading!  This chapter was just a filler on everything.  So i might update the next chapter earlier than usual for you guys!

Thank you guys for all the views/votes/comments!!!!!!!!!