Chapter 7

Alright I have to admit, he has a good body; better than I expected.  I was not prepared for this.  For instance, what am I supposed to wear? Just because I nearly drowned in my clothes, doesn't mean I want to swim in them.  And I certainly don't want to go in my bra and underwear.

"Aren't you coming in?" Pan asked, his arms raised, half of his body already inside the water.

"Not unless I wear proper swim wear. I'm not swimming in these clothes." I didn't mean to sound picky, but seriously.

"As you wish princess." He flicked his hand and there it was; a swim suit magically appeared on a tree stump. His magic can be pretty handy. I may have magic, but my magic can't make swim suits appear. I walk over to the tree stump and pick up the swim suit. Examining it, it was an all black bikini.  Honestly, it was cute.  Looking over at Pan, a smirk crept on his face.

"You like it don't you." He smirked, still in the water.

"Yeah yeah I like it." I replied rather quickly.

"Well go change already. You can go behind that tree. But if you want to change in front of me, be my guest." Okay no just no. I foolishly rolled my eyes at him and went behind a random tree to change. When I was done putting the swim suit on, I wished I had a mirror somewhere. I really wanted to know if I look ridiculous.

"What's taking so long?" I heard Peter's voice behind the tree. I don't want Pan to see me in this suit. Being an insecure person isn't fun, but I could tell that Pan was waiting for me to come out. Well, I need to come out at some point. Once I came out from behind the tree, my eyes immediately caught with Pan's.

"I know I look ridiculous, you don't have to tell me." I stated, making way towards the pond.

"You don't look ridiculous, you look fine." Peter said, utterly emotionless.

~Peter Pan's POV~

Fine? No. She looked more than fine. She really did have nice curves and she has never looked better, even though I met her yesterday. I can't ever say that to her face obviously. The only reason I'm doing this is because I have to gain her trust for my plan to work. I'm not doing this just to flirt. But still, something about her attracts me.

She has fire.  I like fire.

Amanda stood right in front of the pond with a doubtful expression. I could tell that she was a bit scared. "It's okay, it's shallow over here." I assured her.

Amanda stuck her foot inside water, then abruptly took it out as if the water burned her. Seeing that made me feel kind of bad for this girl. She's a nervous wreck. I know I can be aggravating, but I need to help her at least. I lend her my hand saying, "It's alright."

Instead of taking my hand, Amanda gives me a weird expression and brings herself into the water.

"Pan, the water just felt cold. I didn't need your help."

Wow. I am stupid.

"So, time to train?" She calmly questioned. I nodded my head in approval. It was time to train her.

We spend roughly about thirty minutes practicing. So far, she's getting better. She is doing pretty well for her first time swimming. It took a little amount of time to teach her. First, I taught her the basics of swimming by making her do strokes. She still needs practice on treading water, but she can manage. We were still in the shallow side of the pond though. I need her to be able to swim in the deep. I need her to get used to it.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Ready for what?"

"To go to the deep."

Her expression changed in an instant. She looked uneasy. "Oh, I don't know."

"You can do it. You just need to get used to the deep." I tried motivating her.

She bit her lip in doubt. "Fine. But if I drown and die, I blame you." She splashed water in my face at the end of her sentence. I suppose my words of motivation worked on her.

Amanda eventually settled down and signaled that she was ready. "The goal is to make it to that waterfall." I pointed to the farthest, biggest waterfall in the pond. "Now follow the sound of my voice." I told her before she began swimming.

~Amanda's POV~

I took a deep breath and went underwater, following the sound of Pan's voice. Carefully opening my eyes, my hair was floating around like an octopus. Surprisingly, I felt so graceful in the water, like I was flying. Continuing to kick my legs, I saw what was underneath me. A couple of tiny fish became aware of my presence and swam away frightened. I could feel every inch of my body caressed by the salty water. I could taste in it in my lips.

But as I was swimming more, fear was beginning to consume me as I was getting farther away from the bottom of the pond's surface. This made me overwhelmed, making my heart race faster, making me run out of breath. I decided it was time to rise up, even though I was so close to my goal. The waterfall was just a few feet away.

Despite that, I was still delighted that I made it this far. I didn't think I could swim at all. But my light mood was ruined when I realized Pan was holding onto my hips.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I have to hold onto you. You haven't worked on treading enough and if I let you go, you will drown." Pan explained, but he seemed weirdly entertained.

"You never said that this training would involve making physical contact with each other." I murmured.

"And what's so wrong with that?" He smirked.

I give Pan an uncanny look. "It's weird!"

"Oh, come on. You don't like it?" Pan's hands remained on my hips.

"I don't like it at all." I was infuriated at this point, but my voice was still soft.

"But I do."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "You are such a tease, you know that?"

Pan shook his head, laughing. "I'm messing with you Amanda."

"Then why are you still holding on to me?"

"Fine." That's when he finally let go of me. And that's when I realized he was right again. I clearly didn't practice treading enough, since I was close to being dragged in the water. Luckily, I was able to pick myself back up when I wrapped my arms around Pan's neck.

"Oh my God!" I shrieked.

"I told you so." Pan sneered. When I felt his arms slacken a bit, I couldn't help but shout, "Don't let go of me!" I didn't enjoy holding onto Pan, but I want to make sure I don't drown again. It is not a good experience.

Pan nodded his head yes.

Knowing how devious Pan is, I wouldn't be surprised if he let me go again."You promise?!" I dreaded.

"I promise."

The way he said it gave me mixed emotions. He actually sounded...sincere. He sounded trustworthy. It was like he cared for me just then. We remained floating in the water with my arms rested on his shoulders and his hands on my waist.  We stayed in our comfortable position, both our heads were turned to the large waterfall just a few feet away from us, but I knew I couldn't go any further.

Maybe one day I will make it to the waterfall, but for now, we stay and watch the scenery.

And maybe there's a possibility that Pan isn't as evil as he seems.