Chapter 37

Day 1

It was morning...but something was oddly different about this particular morning. It was colder than usual. It would be understandable if it was the middle of the night, but it was morning and it was never this cold in the morning. Briefly peeved by the weather, I hovered my large, cozy blanket over my shivering body.

As my eyes were still shut, I heard different noises from a distance. Noises that I haven't heard in a while, if I may add. It was the sound of laughter, coming from the lost boys. True laughter. My ears also picked up the sound of running footsteps, as if they were chasing each other. It really did sound like the boys were having fun outside...but for what reason?

Then, I heard a knock on my door.

Before I could even get out of my bed to answer it, the person barged into my room.

This person was Alexander. And he was in the treehouse.....Peter's treehouse....and Peter doesn't approve of the boys entering his 'private property'.

"Alexander, you know you're not supposed to be here." I murmured, while forcing my sluggish body to get out of bed.

"Don't worry, Peter let me in." Alexander noted with a wink.

"Oh, alright."

"Have you looked outside your window yet?" He asked with raised brows, a slight grin forming on his lips. This made me suspicious. What is he so amused about?

"No..."

"Well, check!" He nearly shouted out of excitement.

This better be worth it. Groaning, I rolled my eyes and walked over to my bedroom window so I open the curtains. And when I did, I finally understood what was so different about this morning and why Alexander was acting strangely.

It was snowing in Neverland.

Instead of the boys firing arrows, they were firing snowballs at each other. The enjoyment of the boys was obvious. I suppose this is their first experience with snow. It has been a long time since I have seen them this happy. Even Peter looked happy. He was leaning against a tree, with crossed arms, watching the boys play.

I turned back to Alexander and happily chuckled.  Alexander motioned his body over to the door, signaling if we should go outside to join the others.  I contentedly nodded in response. He then took me by the wrist and we both hastily ran outside. I didn't even care that I was still in my pajamas.

When Alexander and I arrived in the snow-covered camp, the lost boys had spotted us. This only meant trouble. With the snowballs all packed in their hands, I already knew what was coming. Then all at once, the boys gave out their euphoric hollers, and threw their snowballs one after another, striking both Alexander and me.

As soon as I saw Slightly's snowball heading to my head, I ducked down. When I rose back up, all the boys had stopped their actions. They stood still, while their arms were behind their backs. It seemed like they were somewhat frightened of whatever figure was behind me. Oh gosh, I hope it isn't some deathly, ferocious beast.

Turning my back, I saw it was no one other than Peter Pan....and he had just been hit by a snowball.

So...this is why the boys stopped. Peter better not do something he will regret later on...

That's when the unexpected occurred. Peter grabbed some snow from the ground, loaded it into his hand, and threw it directly at Slightly. All the boys' faces showed how much they were trying to hide their laughter, but they soon failed when they all dissolved into laughter, including Slightly. No one expected this action from Peter.