Chapter 12

Amanda's POV

Almost every single day, I wake up shocked in the middle of the night because of the same nightmare. I couldn't stop thinking about it. To be honest, I'm  afraid of sleeping now because it just leads me to the bad memories.

The moon was out and the boys were all in their tents, preparing to sleep. I stayed in my tent, wrapped in my blanket. It was so cold. I try to make fire with the pit in my tent, but the wind didn't help much. To avoid the terrible memories, I made myself stay awake.  Everyone is asleep I assume. I continue sitting in my little corner shivering. Then I hear approaching footsteps.  Pan enters my tent.

"Why are you awake?" He asked, kneeling down.

"Why are you in my tent?" I questioned him back.  I didn't feel like talking to anyone.  I haven't talked to Pan as much ever since I had the nightmare.

"To check up on you to make sure you're sleeping well. I know you have been having those nightmares almost every night. Now why are you awake?"

"I'm not tired." That was a huge lie. I'm always tired. I love sleep, but not anymore.

Peter expressed disbelief.  "Come on, I know you're lying."

"I just....I just don't want to sleep because I don't want to get another nightmare." I finally admitted. Pan lets out a sigh and then waves his hand at me.  I felt a rush of magic.  Did he just put a spell on me? 

"What was that?" I asked. 

"A spell so you can sleep well and don't get any nightmares." I don't say anything back.  All I do is smile at him.  A real smile.  It's sweet of him that he wants me to sleep well.  Who knew that he can be a good friend.

"Thank you." I replied.  Wow, I said 'thank you' to him.

Pan smiled back at me.  A sparkle was lit in his eyes.  I knew that wasn't any light reflection.  It almost seemed like his darkness was gone, even though that was very unlikely. Pan then glanced at the little pile of wood I made.  He made fire appear. The tent finally warmed up.  So did my face, and not because of the fire...

"Get your rest Amanda." He said softly,. about to walk out of my tent, but for some reason, I didn't want to be alone.

"Wait." I stopped him. "I don't want to be alone." I told him awkwardly.

Pan simply nodded and sat across from me as I laid down, trying to fall asleep. "I can't be here for long. When you fall asleep I will leave." He stated. 

I stayed laying on the floor and realized my blanket wasn't covering me anymore.  But before I reach it, Pan gets the blanket first and places it over me. My eyes finally begin to close and I fall fast asleep.

Peter Pan's POV

My eyes slowly open and I wake up to see I'm laying down next to Amanda.  Oh great, I accidentally slept in Amanda's tent.  I sit up from the uncomfortable ground and Amanda awakens as well, noticing my presence. 

"Wait you stayed in my tent the whole time?" She asked, rubbing her eyes. 

"I probably fell asleep by accident while I was keeping you warm." I replied.  Amanda simply nods her head, letting out a yawn while standing up.  I stand up too and we both walk out of the tent, only to see all the lost boys were already awake.  All eyes were on us. This is awkward. Us coming out of the same tent just makes everything look wrong.

All the boys either looked shocked or amused. 

"Well I'm gonna go back in my tent to change." Amanda makes an excuse to avoid the awkwardness.