Chapter 29

"I'd be careful if I were you Amanda."

"And why would you say that?" I asked with knit brows.

"Because sometimes the people we should fear the most are the ones closest to us." Peter claimed.

And with that, I squinted at him with incredulity and walked off. What would he know? Peter doesn't know Adam like I do, so why does he have the need of telling me to be careful? I certainly do not need to be concerned when it comes to Adam. Plus, Peter has Wendy now. Ugh Wendy. Anyways, he should be grateful that there is a person that actually wants to be with him. I don't know why anyone would want to be with such a devil. But then again, I was in love with the devil. I just never realized it.

Once I entered my bedroom hastily, I saw an unexpected someone leaning against the frame of my bed. Speaking of the devil...

"Hello Wendy." I said with bitterness in my voice, hoping that she would get the message that I did not approve of her being in my room. She stood up quickly from the bed frame, looking a little startled by my entrance. This time, Wendy wasn't wearing her white gown. She was wearing a light-pink top, a grey cardigan, black leggings and black flats. In other words, my clothes.

"Uh Hello Amanda." Wendy replied nervously. She managed to pull off a little smile on her face.

"What are you doing in my clothes and in my room?" I asked firmly without hesitation. Wendy looked a little taken back with my abrupt question.

"Oh well while you were gone, Peter let me stay in your room and use your clothes for the meantime. But don't worry, I will be leaving." She explained rapidly, hinting a bit of worry.

"Good." I blurted, leaving Wendy looking muddled. I ignored her puzzled facial expression and walked pass by her to go open my closet doors. I started going through my clothes to make myself look busy, but Wendy still stood in my room.

"Excuse me?" Wendy seemed flustered. Why is she acting 'confused'? She knows what she did. Wendy can't expect me to adore her, now that her and Peter are together.

I stopped going through my clothes and turned around to approach Wendy. "Come on Wendy! Stop playing dumb! Who do you think you are? Just going after Peter like that when you knew he was mine!" Oh boy, I really do sound like a psycho, jealous, ex-girlfriend.

"Look, I'm sorry. I really am. I loved Peter and I thought that I had a chance with him. When I got that chance, I took it." She apologized with a look of distress. Wendy suddenly sighed and mumbled, "But it doesn't matter anymore." Doesn't matter anymore? What does she mean?

"W-What are you saying?"

"I don't love Peter. I can't. I-I just can't. I can't love a person who is in love with someone else." She spoke quietly, but still loud enough for me to hear. Peter in love? She should know by now that Peter can not love. It's just impractical.

"In love?" I breathed out.

"Yes. In love with you. And I know what you're gonna say. You are going to say that Peter can't love and blah blah blah. And that was true. He couldn't love.....not until now."

"How would you know that he is in love?" I questioned.

"I can just tell. The truth is, Peter and I were never really together. He used me to make you jealous. I was unsure about the plan, but I would do anything to be with Peter." Wendy confessed. Huh, I did suspect something when they were together. But still, Peter's little jealousy plan doesn't prove that he loves me.

"Oh, but that doesn't mean anything thou--"

"But there's more." She interrupted. "I know he loves you because he is making a cure for you. A cure for you to live. While you were stuck in your cage, Peter spent everyday scanning spell books to find a cure for you. When he finally found one, he went looking for the ingredients he needed. It would take him hours to find the individual items, but he kept on looking.  He doesn't have all the things yet, but once he does, he will finally create that cure for you to live."