Chapter 27

Amanda's POV

Being cramped into a cage for one week wasn't really my idea of fun.  I'm surprised that I haven't died yet because of how bored I was in there.  The only excitement I experienced this week, was pulling grass of the ground and playing with the dirt.  This is what life has come to.  And in addition, Peter and Wendy would make out right in front of me, which is just terrific (note the sarcasm.)  Seriously, they need to get a room.

Couldn't they make out somewhere else??  Like, not in front of my cage.  Looking at them disgusted me, and made me feel the tiniest bit of jealousy.  Okay, maybe not the tiniest bit, more like I would boil with jealousy.  If Pan is trying to make me jealous, it's working.  And if jealousy is a game he wants to play.....Fine, I'll play.

Today was the day.  Today was the day I was going to be freed from this horrid cage, well that's what Alexander told me anyway.  He specifically told me that in the morning, he would release me.  I looked through the cage bars to see the sun beginning to rise, and the sky becoming lighter.  Come on sun, rise faster please so I can leave!!!  When the sun was finally high in the sky, I perked with delight.  Finally! 

I heard footsteps coming from the pathway, making me excited and startled at the same time.  That has to be Alexander!  And indeed it was.  I beamed with joy as I eyed him unlocking the cage door.  When the door swung open, I encased Alexander in a tight hug as he patted my back awkwardly.

"Woah are you okay?" Alexander asked in confusion.

"Yeah I'm just really happy to be out of that stupid cage." I pointed at the cage and kicked it, making Alexander chuckle.  After a few more laughs, Alexander led us back to Pan's campsite.  Oh how I missed it, surprisingly.  And I'm not being sarcastic.  I actually did miss the camp, especially after being stuck in such a small space.  Now, I feel free.

When Alexander and I entered, all the lost boys turned their heads, glancing at us.  I just ignored them, except for one boy.  My eyes caught with Adam's and he looked back at me with a face of relief.  I ran towards him, pushing a few lost boys in the way, and jumped to give Adam a hug.  I know I don't love him like I love Peter, but I still liked him as a good friend and it was good to see him again.

"Someones in a happy mood." Adam laughed, letting go of me.

"Of course!" I replied, exaggerating my happiness.

Adam then turned his head both ways, scanning the camp.  "Come on." He said, grasping my hand, leading me to the woods.  Well that escalated quickly.  I didn't even eat my breakfast yet. 

"Whatcha doin?" I asked suspiciously, walking behind him.  He finally released his grip. 

"You are going to help me pick out wood for the fire tonight.  Ever since the cave situation, my punishment has been collecting wood......And I want to spend time with you."  Really?  His punishment was collecting wood while I was locked in a cage?  Freakin Peter.

"Oh alright.  By the way, how awkward was it?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know, when you came back to the camp.  It must've been awkward coming back after you fought with Peter." I laughed at the thought.

"Oh.  I ended up looking pretty stupid.  I had to apologize to him.  I wanted to punch myself saying the words 'I'm sorry' to him.  And you know what's the worst part?  He made me beg!" He yammered on and on.  Of course Peter would make him beg, typical evil Peter.

"Well that mustve sucked." I teased.

"Hey!" He acted hurt, placing his hand over his heart.  I shook my head, laughing.  "Hey I have to ask you something." Adam started off.