Chapter 26

"I'm Maleficent's son."

My heart nearly froze from hearing his words. It wasn't because I was afraid, but I was shocked. I certainly wasn't expecting that.  I didn't even know Maleficent was real.  But it still doesn't make sense though. Did Maleficent have wings too? And wasn't Maleficent evil......according to the story of sleeping beauty?

"I never knew Maleficent had wings." I spoke softly in awe.

"She did. She was a fairy. One of the greatest fairies actually.....but then her wings were taken." Adam said, facing the ground. I, on the other hand, was still amazed by his wings.

"Oh." I replied awkwardly, but then I immediately spoke again. "So where's Maleficent now? What happened to her? How come your a lost boy when you should be with your mother right now? Did something happe--"

"Woah woah too many questions." Adam laughed, putting both of his hands on the sides of my arms.

"Yeah I'm sorry. I'm just a really curious person." I shook my head. Can you blame me? I mean, I just found out that the boy standing in front of me is Maleficent's son!

"Of course you are. I know you have a lot of questions and want to know the whole story, and I will tell you....just not today." Adam gently cupped my cheeks.

"Then when?"

"You will just have to wait." Adam brought his hands to mine and looked at me with a sweet smile.

"Oh fine." I playfully whined. Adam chuckled and placed a light kiss on my forehead. I couldn't help but think that my relationship status was with a fairy. I always thought all fairies were tiny. Boy was I wrong because Adam is one heck of a tall fairy , and a hot one if I may add.

"So you're a fairy right?" I blurted.

"Yeah I guess.." Adam said, looking embarrassed.

"Wow, who knew I'd end up dating a fairy." I giggled, while Adam was hiding his face.  I ended up bursting into laughter, clutching my stomach. My growing laughter echoed around the cave and Adam just stood with his face turning red.

"Stoooop. I don't like being called a fairy. It doesn't make me sound tough." He complained like a child. I continued laughing and Adam suddenly encased me in his arms, wrapping me in a tight hug. A really tight hug. "Adam do you want me to explode?!" I yelled in between breaths.

"Only if you stop calling me fairy." He answered, hugging me more tight than ever.

"Okay! Okay!" I shouted.  Adam's arms finally slackened. Now Adam was just hugging me gently, and I hugged him back. And to be honest, this was probably the best hug I've ever had. Maybe even better than Peter's hugs. Speaking of Peter, I wonder if he knows about Adam being...a fairy.

"Hey does Peter know about you being a fai--I mean does he know that you have wings?  Does he know that you are the son of Maleficent?" I asked ending the hug.

"No. He can never know." His wings slowly began to lower and close up, and ended up disappearing from his back.

"So what are we going to do now? I mean, we can't just go back to the camp."

"We can stay in this cave tonight. We'll just have to see what happens tomorrow." He said bringing a strand of my hair behind my ear. I smiled at the moment and just when I was about to kiss Adam, I heard someone step in from behind. I turned around to see......Alexander? How did he find me? Why is he here? And why did he look so troubled?

"Alexander? What are you doing here?"

"Following orders." He sighed with a distraught expression.

"What are you talki--"