Chapter One: I Bumped Into Mr. Jackass

I hope you enjoy my story! I'm looking forward to doing this more often! :)

WARNING! This book contains a lot of foul language. Do not read this book if you don't like swear words!

~~~

Lucy's POV:

"OH, SHIT!"

Yeah, when I forget to set my alarm clock, I tend to have the sudden urge to curse at myself for being stupid. Getting up from my bed, I quickly took a shower, brushed my teeth, and changed into my new clothes. I looked at the mirror to see if I looked decent enough and headed over to the kitchen to have breakfast.

"Happy first day of school!" Virgo exclaimed, as she served me a plate of waffles with syrup on the top.

"Thanks!" I said, eating my breakfast as fast as I could.

She then spoke. "Lucy, your father told me to tell you that you need to go see him when you're done eating."

I nodded my head and went to my dad's office. There, I saw him talking on the phone with somebody. Probably, just one of his clients. I waited patiently for my dad to finish and looked at the clock, checking to see if I was going to be late or not. He finally hung up the phone and started talking.

"Lucy, I hope you haven't forgotten what tomorrow is," he said in a stern tone.

"Mom's birthday?" I asked.

He nodded his head and looked at his watch. "I expect you to be back here by 4:00. Do you understand?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now, you may go," he said, dismissing me. I ran out of the house and sprinted all the way to Fairy Tail Academy, a school that was built for the fortunate and the gifted to attend.

FTA was an unusual school. When people were assigned into their classes, students would stick with the classroom they were placed in, but they would get different teachers for different subjects. That way, the students didn't have to go to different rooms. P.E. was different. Students didn't have to do it until the second semester.

"Lucy! Hurry up or you'll be late!" Levy shouted, as she saw me running.

That was Levy McGarden for you: nerd, bookworm, and best friend. That pretty much summed up the major things about her.

"Hold on, Levy. I'm almost out of breath," I said in a raspy voice. Just then, out of nowhere, I bumped into a boy with pink hair, making me fall onto my bottom.

"Do you even have eyes, brainiac? Watch where you're going," he said in a harsh voice.

"Well, maybe next time you should walk out of the way!" I fought back.

He gave me an annoyed look, as if to tell me to not cross him. "Whatever, I have better things to deal with than to socialize with you." He turned his head to the other direction and walked away.

"Are you okay, Lucy?" Levy asked in a concerned voice.

I got up from the ground and nodded. "Yeah, except for the part when I bumped into Mr. Jackass over there."

"You mean Natsu? I heard he's been dating Lisanna Strauss since last year," Levy informed me.

Natsu Dragneel was pretty much well-known around the school. Everybody knew him. From what I heard, he was a good basketball player.

"Crap! My shoelaces are untied!"

Levy sighed. "Lucy, you shouldn't curse. It's unhealthy."

"Shit! We have to go to class now!"

"Do you even listen to a word I say?"

"I do, but I can't help it! Did you notice how late we're going to be? We might get in trouble, which is going to look bad on my college application!" I exclaimed, making Levy giggle at my statement.

"This is why I miss you so much, Lucy. We have to talk about how our summer vacation was!"

We sprinted into our designated room with barely any time left. I went to go sit with my other best friend, Erza: the school's student body president who loved eating strawberry cakes.

"Hey, guys! What's up?" She asked us, putting her book away.

"I think Lucy is on her thing again," Levy giggled.

"Am not!" I shouted angrily.

"Sure, you're not," Levy said, sarcastically.

I decided to ignore Levy and took out my notebook to continue doodling. In my mind, I couldn't stop thinking about mom and how she died from the supposed accident. I shook the thought out of my head and kept on drawing.

"Class, may I have your attention, please?" Principal Makarov said. The class stopped what they were doing and turned their attention towards him.

"What's he going to say?" Erza asked.

"I don't know, but we're about to find out," Levy answered.

The principal cleared his throat and began talking. "I hope you had a wonderful break and I want everyone to remember that your grades from before will transfer into this year's grade. I have a student transferring from another classroom to this classroom to help balance out the number of kids in each room. Come on in, Mr. Dragneel."

Whispers started to echo in the room. It was mostly the girls gasping or giggling to this mystery guy. I rolled my eyes and went back to writing my story.

"I know! Why don't you sit behind Lucy Heartfilia?" Principal Makarov said.

"Mr. Makarov? I sit behind Lucy," Levy complained.

"You can sit somewhere else!" He said, smiling.

"Okay..."

I looked back at Levy to see where she was sitting. Levy got up and decided to take the seat across from me. I sighed in relieve when I realized I could still talk to her. I questioned the reason why the principal wanted the new student to sit behind me, but as I looked up to see the new kid, I couldn't believe my own eyes.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO BUMPED INTO ME, WHILE I WAS WALKING!" We exclaimed in unison.

~~~

Many thanks for reading! <3 Hope you guys are looking forward to reading more of this! :)

~TheKonfusingKK