Chapter Thirty-Five: Netflix And Chill

There are many ways I can go with this story. Stupid alternate choices. But, I decided to choose this route. It's cuter.

~~~

Lucy's POV:

"Poor Levy. I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation as to why Gajeel declined her request. Though, I'm still shocked over the fact that he would reject her. I mean, I really thought he liked her," Natsu said as he sipped my homemade strawberry milkshake. We were sitting with each other on the couch, watching Netflix on the TV.

"She's heartbroken, Natsu. She told me she wanted to be alone, but I really want to help her," I said sadly. He finished drinking the milkshake and placed it on the coffee table. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on top of mine.

"You're her best friend, Luce. She'll always come to you when she needs help. But, right now, she needs to overcome this by herself. There are times when people have to face their own problems alone, so that they won't always have to depend on other people," Natsu said, looking at me.

"Why are you so good with words, Natsu?" I asked.

"I get it from you." He grinned. I blushed in response.

"Yeah, right. Let's just watch some Netflix. I want to see if Jane ends up with Michael!"

"No, it's obviously going to be Rafael," Natsu said, while rolling his eyes.

"If Jane ends up with Michael, I'll make you change your profile on Fairygram to a baby picture. Deal?" I asked, knowing that I was going to win. It wasn't like I watched the whole show without him. Definitely, definitely...

"Deal."

~~~

Jellal's POV:

"You know, if you're going to decline someone, at least do it, so they wouldn't end up in tears," I said angrily. Erza and I were walking along the beach. We thought it would be a beautiful day to do it, even if it was cold outside.

"I feel so bad for Levy. I was the one who forced her into asking him. I couldn't help, but feel as if it's all my fault." I looked at Erza, while holding her hand.

"This is anything, but your fault, Erza. I know you feel bad for her, but don't put the blame on yourself." Erza turned to look at the beautiful ocean and sat down on the sand. I joined her and she leaned her head against my arm.

"The ocean is so beautiful when the sun is setting."

"Not as beautiful as you," I said. She looked at me and laughed.

"That was the most cheesiest line I've ever heard in my whole entire life."

"It's true, though," I said as I kissed her forehead. A tint of blush was visible on her cheeks.

"W-Whatever. Didn't you say you have a surprise for me?" Erza asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, yeah! Come with me." I grabbed her arm and started sprinting to a desert shop. There was a huge line when we came in and people were arguing over who was here first.

"Why are there so many people?" Erza asked as she held my hand tightly.

"This place is really popular. They make really good cakes." Erza's eyes glistened when she heard that there was cake here. But, it soon vanished and got replaced with a sad expression.

"The line is so long though. Why can't we just go to another cake shop?" I shook my head and dragged her to the check-in counter.

"Excuse me, I have a reservation for two." The lady looked at the list right in front of her.