Chapter Forty: My Valentine

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you're celebrating this special occasion with your special someone. I don't have a valentine, but that's because I rejected all of them. (*cough* lies *cough*)

Your comments are giving me life! A lot of you were telling me to not put down this fanfic and I'm like:

But, I never said I was going to take it down...

Whatever gave you the impression that I was? I never said such a ridiculous thing. (^.^)

~~~

Natsu's POV:

"You have to talk to her," Wendy said as she tried to push me off the bed.

"Nope."

"Natsu, this has been going on for a week. You can't avoid our mom forever."

"Wendy, I'm not avoiding her. We live in the same house together."

"Just get your butt out of bed and eat dinner with us. I'm not bringing your food to your room anymore," Wendy said as she crossed her arms.

"But, I'm paying you."

"I got all the money I need. I was saving the cash to buy Romeo a gift."

"Romeo?" Wendy nodded her head.

"He won the game and I thought it would be nice if I bought him a gift for his first win."

"Why not buy the rest of the team gifts?" I asked with a smirk. A tint of blush could be seen on her face.

"H-He's the one I'm closest to."

"You're red."

"I know that!" Wendy pouted.

"Please, Wendy! I don't want to face Mom or Igneel," I begged.

"Too bad." She got off from the bed and made her way to the door.

"I hate you."

"I love you too." After that, Wendy closed the door behind her, leaving me with the decision to either stay in bed or go down and eat.

~~~

Wendy's POV:

"He's not coming down here is he?" Mom asked with a sad tone.

"I tried to persuade him, but he still doesn't want to come down," I said.

"I understand if he doesn't want to see me, but avoiding Grandine is a whole other story," said Igneel. He grabbed the lasagna out of the oven and carefully placed it on top of the table.

"Wow, it smells even better than what Mom buys us," I complimented. Igneel looked at Mom in disbelief.

"You never learned how to cook?" Mom scratched the back of her head, embarrassed.

"I never have time to cook. I always go to work and come back late at night. Occasionally, I have breaks, but I use that time to set up meetings with my clients." Igneel gave Mom a disapproving look.