Chapter Six: You're A Lazy @$$

I'm so happy! Ahh! We have 50 votes on this story! Yes, we. I couldn't get 50 votes without you're support. It would mean the world if you keep supporting me. Without further ado, let's get on with the chapter.

~~~

[NURSE'S OFFICE]

Natsu's POV:

"How is she? Is it serious?" I asked the school nurse, Mavis. She gave me a reassuring smile and organized her stack of papers.

"She'll be fine, but would you mind staying with her? I have to take these papers to the principal," Mavis requested. I looked at Lucy who looked so frail and weak.

"Sure," I answered. I went inside and sat beside Lucy. She was bandaged on her cheek and her legs. I felt so bad for her. She looked at me and gave me a warm smile.

"Can I ask you something, Natsu?" Lucy asked. I nodded my head.

"Shoot," I said.

"Did you or did you not go to your tryout?" She asked with a serious expression. I sighed. If I said yes, then she'll think that this is all her fault. I don't want her to feel that way, but I don't want to lie to her either...

"I didn't go to my tryout, but the coach told me I can try again next Monday," I said. Her expression began to change into a sad one.

"What made you miss your tryout? You were really excited about joining, so I couldn't see why you didn't make it there in time." I gave her a nervous chuckled.

"Well, I accidentally slept in class. Everyone was leaving and it was only me. I was about to pack up, but I passed out." Lucy gave an annoyed expression.

"You passed out."

"Yup."

"You missed your tryout."

"True."

"You're a lazy @$$."

"Sadly, yes."

"Dude, how does one pass out? I get that you're tired, but you don't just close your eyes and make your way to dreamworld. That's way too easy," Lucy ranted.

"You'd be surprised." She rolled her eyes and scooted closer to me.

"Let's do something together. Just you and me. Besides, I kind of owe you for helping me. Heck, even I passed out in a blink of an eye."

"Hmm..." I thought for a moment before answering.

"Look if you-"

"Let's hang out!" I exclaimed, while cutting Lucy.

"Uh, what?"

"Do you seriously not know what hang out means?" I said as I poked her head lightly. She made a small pout and slapped my arm away.

"Yeah, but I thought you're dating Lisanna."

"I am, but I mean hang out just as friends."

"Hmm...you know what? Why not?"

"That's the spirit!" I exclaimed. I gave her a toothy grin and we started talking about homework to make the time fly by.

~~~

Lucy's POV:

Natsu and I talked with each other for a long time. I hoped nothing happened to the nurse.

"Hey, Luce? Can you tell me who gave you those bruises? I've been meaning to ask you for a while now, but I wasn't able to bring it up," Natsu asked. I was about to answer his question, until the door slowly opened.

"I'm here to tell you that you can go home now, Miss Heartfilia," Mavis said with perfect timing. I was grateful that I didn't have to tell Natsu. But, what would I have said if she wasn't here to interrupt us? Lying never solves anything and telling the truth will hurt Natsu.

"That's good to know," I said.

"Are you showing any signs of pain?" Mavis asked as she unwrapped my bandages carefully.

"I feel a slight pain in my cheek, but I feel fine nonetheless," I said honestly. She gave me a pleasant smile and handed me an ice pack.

"You're lucky that Natsu was there to save you. He must really care about you," Mavis winked. I blushed in response.

"I feel as if I'm being excluded from the conversation," Natsu interrupted.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll let you lovebirds take it from here," Mavis giggled.

"W-We're not lovebirds," Natsu said with pink tinted on his cheeks.

"Alright, alright, I'll leave you two be," Mavis said as she closed the door behind us.

"I'll take you home, Lucy," Natsu said.

"But-"

"It's not a question. I want to do it," Natsu interjected. He drove me to my house and I couldn't wait to hang out with him. I don't know why, but something tells me we are going to be very close friends.

"Hey, Luce?" Natsu asked.

"Y-Yes?"

"Um...never mind. I'll tell you later." Natsu said. I couldn't help, but be curious as to what he was going to say. He dropped me off and bid me farewell.

"Goodbye, Natsu..."

~~~

Ooh...what was Natsu trying to tell Lucy? Does Lucy have feelings for Natsu? Find out next time when you read, Fairy Tail: High School. This chapter was MAJORLY edited.

~TheKonfusingKK