Chapter Thirty-Six: Winter Formal

Dear Readers,

I am officially back on track. Woohoo! My life of drama has been put to an end and I will not stop to let it catch me again. As you may or may not know, this story is actually based off of my life. Well, not all of it, but some of it. I feel that if I document about my life, it would make my fanfic better. I don't know if it's actually doing it, but I like to think that it is.

~~~

Levy's POV:

"I'm not going and that's final, Lu-chan. You have a date, so just go," I said harshly. Lucy looked sad.

"Levy-chan, I know how sad you are, but it's not going to be fun without you. Plus, you already bought your dress. There's no return policy," Lucy said as she handed me my dress. It was a yellow strapless dress that goes up to my knees. It was gorgeous.

"I'm going to be lonely. You have Natsu, Juvia has Lyon, Erza has Jellal, and I have nobody. Heck, even Mira and Cana have a date. To make matters worst, Gajeel's going to the dance by himself." I buried my face into my pillow and sighed. Lucy rubbed my back.

"Gray's going alone to the dance. If he can do it, you can too. Oh, that reminds me. The cheerleading squad is going to hand out the acceptance forms to all the people who they think are qualified to be in the team. I think they're going to hand it out soon. Don't know why it's taking them so long."

"Lu-chan, if I go to the dance, you guys will be too busy for me. As much as I want to go, I know it's not going to be as fun without you. I can hang out with Wendy, but it's possible she's going to the formal with Romeo. As for the acceptance forms, I think I'm going to resign if I get it. I want to avoid Gajeel as much as possible." Lucy pulled me away from my pillow and handed me my dress.

"You, my best friend, are going to put on this dress and tell all the guys that they can't have you, because you are too smart and beautiful for them. You are going to walk to the formal and slay that gorgeous outfit. I'll even do your hair for you," Lucy said as she pushed into the bathroom to change. I locked the door and wore my winter formal dress. It just didn't feel right. Shouldn't I be happy? Happy that I'm going to the dance with my friends?

I went out of the bathroom and walked to my vanity makeup mirror, where Lucy was ready to do my hair. I sat on the chair and applied a little bit of makeup, while Lucy sprayed my hair with some hair spray.

"How are you going to do my hair? It's pretty messy if you ask me," I said as I powdered my cheeks.

"Simple, I'm going to curl your hair and tie it all up into a high ponytail. Oh, you should lose the glasses. I know it makes you look nerdy and all, but you have perfect vision." She took the glasses off and placed it on the table. She used the curling iron and carefully curled my hair.

"Hey, Lu-chan? I know this is stupid, but do you think Gajeel and I will ever make up?" She set the curling iron down and sighed.

"I don't know, Levy-chan. I don't have the answers to everything. But, I know that you'll get over it. You're a strong person and I don't doubt for one second that you won't overcome this." She tied my hair up and added more hair spray to keep my hair in place. I decided to read a book and remained quiet for the rest of the time. Once she was done, she put all the equipment away and gestured me to look at the mirror. I looked amazing.

"Thanks, Lu-chan. You always know how to make me pretty." She gave a broad smile and handed me my tiny purse. I looked at the mirror one last time before heading out.

"Don't worry about a thing, Levy-chan. There are plenty of boys just waiting for you. I know it." We went into my car and I drove all the way to school. Once we arrived, I parked the car and went inside the gym to see most of the students dancing with their partner. I felt my heart ache.

"Lucy!" A voice called. I looked around and found Natsu trying to get Lucy's attention. I tapped her shoulder and pointed to where he was. Lucy ran up to him and waved.

"What's wrong?" Lucy asked.

"Luce, why are you so late! You promised to dance with me, remember? Why do girls take so long to prepare?" Natsu dragged Lucy to the dance floor, leaving me all alone by myself. I decided to go try mingling with some friends, but most of them were pretty occupied. I was happy when I found my black-haired friend coming towards me.

"Hey, Levy. I didn't think you would be here. Nice dress, by the way."

"Thanks. Apparently, Lu-chan was able to persuade me to go to the formal. I don't know how, but I'm not going to question it."

"Since we don't have a partner, would you like to dance with me?" He offered his hand and I took it through instinct.

"Sure, Gray."

~~~

Author's POV:

Gray and Levy went to the dance floor. They danced to the rhythm of the music and talked about how their life is going. They seem to be getting along quite well, but it made one specific person angry.

Gajeel didn't know how he was dragged into this mess, but seeing Levy dancing with Gray, made his heart shatter. Not only that, Levy was actually smiling and having fun.

Not wanting to look at them any longer, Gajeel stormed out of the gym and went outside to the school garden. This caught a blue-haired girl's attention. She got excused from her partner and decided to follow him to make sure he was alright.

She saw Gajeel sitting on the bench, while looking up at the night sky. It was a shame that they couldn't hold the dance outside. She sat next him, which made Gajeel look at her by surprise. He didn't expect anyone to follow him. Not even Juvia.

"Do you need something Juvia? I thought you were with the dance with Lyon."

"Juvia told him if it was fine that I could go somewhere. Juvia saw you walking away from the dance. Is Gajeel okay?" Gajeel shook his head.

"I'm anything, but okay. Levy and Gray are dancing together and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I don't know. I just don't want to see them." Juvia patted my back.

"Don't worry about it. Gray doesn't have any feelings for Levy. He likes...someone else," Juvia said.

"I hope you're right." I unzipped my purse and handed him a phone number.

"It's Levy's. Juvia thinks you should call her. Erza told everyone what happened and Juvia doesn't like taking sides. Juvia wants us to all be friends again." Gajeel gazed at the phone number and tried to give it back to me.

"I don't want this. Levy will never forgive me. Even if she did, I'll still feel guilty over what happened." I shook my head and simply pushed his hand with the phone number away.

"You need some closure, Gajeel. Levy does too." I gave him a reassuring smile and made my way back into the dance. I was about to head inside, but not before I saw him put the phone number in his pocket.

You better call her, Gajeel...

~~~

Next Update: Friday

Shout Out To: RainbowUnicornFluff

RainbowUnicornFluff told me to bring back the disclaimers I always put in the end of my book. What do you guys think? All of you seem to be enjoying it, so I don't see why not.

I'm going to make a one-shot book, because I'm entering a contest and I want to win. I'm super excited to do it. Like, I have a lot of ideas in my mind, but I can't write it in my story, because it's not relevant. But, if I made a one-shot book, I can totally put my ideas down. Wish me good luck on the contest!

~TheKonfusingKK