Chapter Four: Birdo The Maid

I want everyone to know that the stories are prewritten. I want to get a lot of chapters done so I can start publishing them. Now, on with the chapter!

~~~

Lucy's POV:

Natsu is currently driving me to my house. I gave him my address and we took off. I wish I had my driver's license. I did take my driver's test, but...

[FLASHBACK]

"Oh by the way, I forgot to tell that I hate to evaluate the people who are taking the driver's tests," Miss Porlyusica said.

"Why? Is it because you're scared of being involved in an accident? I can assure you I am an excellent driver!" I boasted.

"No, I just hate being around with people."

"...Oh."

"WELL HURRY UP! OR I'LL MAKE SURE YOU DON'T PASS THE TEST!"

"YES, MA'AM!"

[TIME SKIP]

"...and that is why you should not hate humans." I was talking during the whole test about why Miss Porlyusica should not hate humans. I did everything well and from the looks of it, I should get my license. However...

"You failed." Miss Porlyusica said.

"WHAT?!"

"Listen, child. You should listen to your elders and not the other way around. You can't make me change the fact that I hate humans. That's for me to decide."

"That's so unfair!" I protested.

"Keep that attitude up and you will never take another driver's test again. GOT IT, FILTHY HUMAN?!?!"

"YES, MA'AM!"

[END OF FLASHBACK]

Next time, I'm totally going to have another person evaluate me. No way am I having Madame Bossy fail me again.

"Hey, are you alright, Luigi?" Natsu said with a look of concern in his eyes.

"Luigi? Dude, you got to stop playing Mario Party or something."

"Isn't that your name though?" I shook my head.

"It's Lucy! L-U-C-Y!" I spelled.

"Meh, I'll call you Luce for short. Aren't you going to answer my question or not?"

"Oh, um...it's nothing, don't worry," I said as I gave him a small smile.

"You sure? If something's up, you can tell me. I'm not the mean jerk you thought I was."

"Thanks, Natsu."

"We're here. Home sweet... WHOA! That is one big- *clears throat* nice place," he said in awe.

"I get that all the time," I giggled.

"Princess!" Virgo shouted as she spotted me. She ran up to me and looks as if she wanted to tell me something.

"Hi, Virgo! What's wrong?"

"Master Jude told me he is off on a long meeting and wanted me to tell you to go visit your mother without him."

"Oh... I see..."

"Princess? Is that your boyfriend?" She said as she examines Natsu from head to toe.

"NO!" We exclaimed in unison.

"Oh, I see. Feel free to accompany Lucy, umm..."

"Natsu. Natsu Dragneel," he said.

"I shall try my best to remember it," Virgo said as she politely bowed. I walked to the garden and saw Natsu following me.

"Why are you following me?" I asked.

"Well your maid, Birdo-"

"Virgo."

"Yeah, well she said I can come along if I like, so I'm going to come along."

"I guess, but my mom isn't what you think she is..." He gave me a weird look, but shrugged it off. We walked all the way at the other end of the garden and I saw my mom. Or rather her grave. I prayed to my mother on how she's doing and how my life is going.

"Is your mom...dead?" Natsu asked.

"Yeah, I miss her so much." I turned away from Natsu and felt hot tears come out of my eyes. I sniffled and wiped my tears away, but it doesn't work. It just keeps coming over and over again.

Just then, I felt something warm on my back. I looked back and saw Natsu trying to comfort me. He wrapped his arms around my stomach and I couldn't help, but hug him back.

"I want her back, Natsu," I said, trying to hold back my tears.

"I know, Lucy. This happened to me when I was young," he said.

"Your mom died?" I said, wiping my tears once more.

"No, it's not that. My mom was always there for me. It's just my dad... He..."

"You don't have to tell me about your past. I know how difficult it must be for you. I never thought that we would have more in common with each other." I pulled away from the hug and let him have some space. I didn't want to back away from him, but I didn't want to invade his personal bubble.

"Someday, I will be ready to tell you about my past. I don't know if you will like this, but I would like you to tell me about your past when you're ready as well," he said while giving me a childish grin. His smile never fails to make my heart skip a beat and I don't know why.

"I like that idea," I extended my pinky finger to him hoping that he knows that I want a pinky promise. He intertwined his pinky finger with mine, symbolizing that we promised each other that we will share our past with one another.

Hey, mom this is Natsu. I met him when we bumped into each other at school. I thought he was so full of himself, but when I got to know more about him, he's actually a sweet person. Don't worry about me, mom. I'll be fine by myself.

Promise...

~~~

WAHH! (T_T) Sorry for the sad chapter. Must...fight...the...tears. *Crying overload* (not really :P)

~TheKonfusingKK