Chapter Thirty-Eight: Fabulous Sting

I'm sorry, Sting, but it's for the readers.

Sting: What are you talking about?

I'll give you twenty dollars if you keep me alive.

Sting: Wtf is going on?

You'll learn soon enough...

~~~

Erza's POV:

"Hey, we all got in! This is great!" Levy exclaimed with joy. My friends and I were currently standing in front of the wall of special announcements and Levy saw our names on the cheerleading tryouts. We all passed.

"We should get the acceptance forms during our new homeroom. I think we all have to go to room 215, because that's where all the cheerleaders are. I believe we have to sign the paper to conclude that we are officially joining the cheerleading team," Lucy informed.

"You should've joined, Cana. It wouldn't be fun without you," Mira said as she put an arm around Cana. Cana's eyes widened as she shook her head.

"Me? Cheering? No thanks. Honestly, being a cheerleader is the last thing I would expect to be. It just doesn't suit me. Anyways, I got to go soon. I'll talk to you later," Cana said as she waved goodbye. We all stared at her, knowing that class doesn't start until fifteen minutes.

"Why does she need to go? I don't remember Cana having anything important to do in the morning," Juvia said with suspicion.

"I'll go talk to her. I think there's something she needs help with. She's been acting weird all week, after she went to the dance with Bacchus," I said to my friends.

"I completely forgot. Didn't you go with Laxus, Mira?" Lucy asked. Mira nodded, while blushing.

"Laxus and I know each other ever since we were in kindergarten. Our moms are really close friends, so when they come and visit each other, Laxus and I would often hang out. I...grew a little crush on him overtime and I never thought he would return my feelings. When he asked me to the dance, I was really happy. To be honest, I thought it was a prank, but when he actually meant it, it made my heart flutter," Mira said shyly. We all awed at Mira's story, which made Mira's cheeks redden.

"Don't look now, but I think I saw Laxus looking at you, Mira," Juvia giggled.

"Yeah, yeah, that's very funny, Juvia. If you think I'm going to fall for that, you're-"

"Hey, I need to borrow Mira for one second. Mira, can I talk to you privately, please?" Laxus asked. Mira was in complete shock. She really thought Juvia was lying to her. Without a minute to waste, Laxus grabbed her hand, making Mira snap back to reality. She tried to reach out to us, but we all gave her a devilish smirk and mouthed, "good luck."

[HOMEROOM]

"What do you mean Faith can't make it to the football game? It's mandatory, not optional," Lisanna shouted to one of her members on the squad. We all made it to homeroom, but we all heard that one of the members of the squad got sick really bad.

"I'm sorry, but she caught a really bad cold and due to her condition, she's not going to recover as fast as we'd like." Lisanna sighed and took a seat on one of the chairs. Lucy went up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.